• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum/into

Hi 2002...Faq-ers? 

I'm Ryan I have owned in chronological order a 77 H&B/Alpina 320i, a 80 528i, a 1979 Alpina B7 Turbo (stolen in Eugene Oregon by a body shop), an 81 320i, an 89 e30 M3, The Dietel/Alpina 333i and currently a '15 335i XDrive M Sport 2, a 71 Detomaso Pantera, an 86 M1009, and now a 72 Inka Orange 2002 purchased from a member if this board. 

Happy to be here and I thought I'd introduce myself prior to posting. I'll use the search function first, but sometimes that doesn't work so I'm grateful to have such a knowledgeable, enthusiastic community of 2002 owners from which to learn and glean helpful info! 

(I checked the wheels database first) So, to start right off...can anyone identify these uber-cool utilitarian wheels used on this 02?  Thanks! 

BAD 02.jpg

Edited by FerosFerio

Wilkommen! (Welcome) As you probably already know, tons of great information on the site and more importantly, people that are always willing to help!

Philip

P.S. Dying to know the whole '70 Alpina story!!..

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

Thanks bublinki! I lurked for a bit prior to purchasing my 02 and my brother Brendan has had his '73 "Little Girl" for over 20 years. The sad saga of the 79 Alpina B7 Turbo will probably hit home with some members on this very board. It has many twists and turns and no happy ending. I'll give a sanitized account for you someday. 

-Ryan 

Edited by FerosFerio

Always loved this car... I think the wheels are a modified Porsche 356 wheel, if I remember correctly... 

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Thanks zinz. Turns out you're correct. My fender lips are already rolled so most 15s should be a snap- now to compare the cost of these vs Alpina look OZs or RZs.  First order of business however is a adjusting the brakes, then probably to de-penut my manifold, tune the carb, and drop in a 292/HD rocker arms. At least the bottlecaps on the car have some decent Yoko rubber on them and the car is suspended beautifully. Other than stopping power I've got a pretty well sorted little ride. The 2002FAQ grill badge on it is good for at least 5whp! :ph34r:

welcome! lovely look cars both yours and the one with the porshce wheels.

looks to me to have machined adapters to take a 5x205 wheels. very cool!! would look even better with some chrome domes on them ;)