• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upholstery for 1976 2002 series

Erika W.

I have a 1976 2002 series & have had it for  14 years . I got it repainted finally about 3 years ago & it sure looks beautiful :) I'm now starting to look into reupholstering it. We went to one place  in town & he quoted us about $3000. That's with a new headliner & him making the seats, etc. We're going to see a couple of other places to see what they say as well.  I have looked on line at the seat covers which do look really nice. I'm  having a hard time choosing between buying seat covers...Or getting them custom made.  It's just so hard to know what will look best. Any suggestions? Thanks so much ahead of time for any advice. 

Erika

Austin , TX ????

Erika,

I take a look at World Upholstery or Gahh. $3,000 sounds like a reasonable price if they are doing the entire interior. Kits from World Upholstery or Gahh can easily price above 3k for front seats, rear seats, door cards, headliner, etc. And this is only for the material/kit itself.

'73 2002tii Fjord Metallic Blue

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic

Restored '76 seats ('75 seats are identical).  All the perforated vinyl is original.  Probably half of the smooth vinyl is original.  Although all the vinyl was navy blue, the seats were dyed after the covers were completed to ensure a unified color (old, new, perforated, smooth).  Seat pads are horsehair BMW OEM replacements.

Regards,

Steve

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4349.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Erika...wanted to touch base, the austin area 2002 owners are having our cars/coffee this saturday/tomorrow at Mozarts on lake austin at 8:00am...will be a great opportunity to get some local feedback on getting your interior work done...send your email and I will see that you are added to our list...Barney@AQCaustin.com

004.JPG

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

Erika, as Barne mentioned,  we're having our ATX BMW 2002 Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning.  We have the C&C every 3rd Saturday of each month at Mozarts on Lake Austin Blvd at 8am.  Anywhere from 6 to 17 02s each month show up.   

USA upholstery in Cedar Park did my upholstery for much less than 3K.  Come out and see for yourself. You can pm or email me as well.  Greg.Resa@gmail.com

2017-04-14 09.27.24.jpg

2017-04-14 09.28.42.jpg

2017-04-14 09.28.00.jpg

2017-02-18 13.07.55.jpg

2017-04-12 14.23.22.jpg

Edited by Big_Lebowski

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

12 hours ago, Erika W. said:

Any suggestions?

+1 with Barney's suggestion.. we'd love to see the car and add a new face to the crowd!

You'll Greg and see his car... it was completely reupholstered last year in Cedar Park. It is very very nice....as I remember the cost was not near what you've been quoted.  I'll get him to chime in on this and post some pics :) (edit.. Greg was apparently posting the same time as I was)

Hope we see you tomorrow!

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Erika, i paid $750 to an upholstry shop for head liner door cards, seats ect. but i supplied all the kits from world upholstery.

Edited by Stevenc22

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

You guys in Texas,  maybe a trip to Dallas and check out ASM upholstery...

"WHY YOU ALWAYS BRING ME JUNK?" 

https://www.asmautoupholstery.com/location

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Thank y'all so much for your help & pics! I really do appreciate the input  All of your upholsterys look really really nice!! I'm out of town this weekend for a meet up. Hopefully sometime in the future :) Going to look into the other places y'all have mentioned. Have a great Easter ? weekend .