• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN 1972 2002tii black Please keep an eye out

Kittens

Very Sad

I'm sorry for your loss.  Seriously  hope you get it back

Dido on contacting 2002 AD   etc.

The price of these cars  and the parts  just makes them targets

I will never park one of my 2002s on the street  or leave it unattended for any length of time

They go in a locked garage

Despite all your defenses , there is always the tow truck 

I don't want to be unsympathetic, but It's not 1974 anymore and the world has moved on from being respectful of a classic

11 minutes ago, rstclark said:

Very Sad

I'm sorry for your loss.  Seriously  hope you get it back

Dido on contacting 2002 AD   etc.

The price of these cars  and the parts  just makes them targets

I will never park one of my 2002s on the street  or leave it unattended for any length of time

They go in a locked garage

Despite all your defenses , there is always the tow truck 

I don't want to be unsympathetic, but It's not 1974 anymore and the world has moved on from being respectful of a classic

I was at work, this was the middle of the day on a busy, nice residential street in a highly walkable shopping area. Otherwise it's garaged at night. 

On 1/26/2017 at 9:10 AM, braceface said:

That is terrible I'm so sorry!  I'm in LA and will of course keep my eyes out for it.   Do you have the NextDoor app?  Not sure about Weho, but my neighbors are pretty active in Echo Park on it.  Might help to post there.  I posted to my area for your car to keep eyes out, but might help if you do it your area as well.  Crossing all fingers and toes for you.  My 02 and I are upset for you.  :(

Thanks! I actually live in Venice so I can't post to WeHo but plan on knocking on neighbors doors tomorrow and seeing if they recall anything  or have cameras. Ya never know!

On 1/26/2017 at 10:22 AM, Matt Ellena said:

I've seen you around.  I live in the Miracle Mile area.  Im so sorry to hear.  This is fucked.  I will be sure to keep an eye out.  

I've seen your car! My friend lives near you and I always sayid hello to yours when we drove by.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:21 PM, oldskoul said:

Notified my brother on the Long Beach Docks to watch out. They usually line up the cars in a row before they are shipped out.   

That is cool as fuck! (Can I say that? Are swear words ok? I can't think of anything equivalent)

Thanks so much!

On 1/26/2017 at 5:24 PM, resra said:

This is a very sad news and sounds like they knew what they were looking for. I would let 2002AD know and all the other CA 2002 builders just to be on the look out.

Hadn't thought of that and emailed them. They were super nice. Thanks!

There are probably cameras, business or traffic, all around your work? 

Fingers crossed.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007