• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas 02berfest w/ Terry Sayther

BarneyT

I'm booked!  Rudy from Katy messaged me earlier that he booked his rooms today and that he's bringing 3 of his 02s.  Looking like it will be a great turnout! 

Greg Resa

Edited by Big_Lebowski

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

2 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

Might you have a link for this event ??

Cheers,

Carl

Here's Terry's email sent last month.  Hope it helps Carl. 

Yes, boys and girls, it's that time again! Time to hitch up your wagons and head for Fredericksburg Texas for the Fall Texas 02berfest! Bring your BMW 2002 or other vintage BMW chariot (or even just your vintage interest) out for a weekend of fun, hill country driving, great eating, and above all, wonderful people!

On Friday October 28, we will be gathering in South Austin at Terry Sayther Automotive, 1606 Fortview Rd, 78704 at 1PM and we will be leaving in a caravan at 1.30. We will be driving through the back roads of the Hill Country to the Peach Tree Inn in Fredericksburg. We will arrive there in time to check in, relax and socialize, and then head out for supper together.

Can't make it Friday? Join us for breakfast on Saturday morning at the cafe at the Hanger Hotel at the Fredericksburg Airport. Then we'll head for the Hills! We'll spend a few hours on the little twisty back roads around Fredericksburg, have a great lunch together, and then return to the Peach Tree. After relaxing awhile it will be time to eat again [sense a theme here?]. Sunday morning we will once again eat together and then say sayonara for another few months.

Call the Peach Tree Inn for reservations now at 800-843-4666.

We hope to see you soon---Terry

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Victoria and I are book as well, the weather is looking like its going to be perfect for a ride thru the Texas hill country.....picture of our trip with Terry in April...

075.JPG

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

2 hours ago, catlincustoms said:

I will be there!

Look forward to meeting you!  Your profile shows Wisconsin, are you driving down from there?  If so, safe travels!!

1 hour ago, 76dailydriver said:

If i get my lazy butt up to finish the repairs i will be there...... 

If not, your always welcome to join us for one of our Austin area Cars and Coffee meet up.  There scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of each month at 8am.  We have the C&C at Mozarts Coffee Roaster located on Lake Austin Blvd.  John Rosalado mentioned driving up from Houston for our November C&C.  Rudy from Katy is planning on making the drive up again too. 

Greg Resa

Look forward to meeting you!  Your profile shows Wisconsin, are you driving down from there?  If so, safe travels!!

Flying from Wisconsin and will be driving with Rudy [emoji51]

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

1 minute ago, catlincustoms said:

Flying from Wisconsin and will be driving with Rudy emoji51.png

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Heck yeah!  He told me he's booked and bring 3 of his 02s.  That's fantastic!!   Look forward to meeting you.