• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1972 Baikal tii at The Quail

COOP

One day I hope to visit the Quail never mind exhibit a car there.  You did both 2002's and yourself proud.  Beautiful car.

Congratulations.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

I must say I find it amazing that the Toro Verde people would Exhibit their car with the kidney grill  upside down.   But such is life.   

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Hi Coop, 

Your 72 tii is amazing in person. It brought back memories of my Sahara 72tii. I was at the Quail showing my  Alpina B6 2.8 with my dad.   Both my dad and I liked your car so much we decided to vote for it to win for the 100 Years of BMW class. But I guess there was some stiff competition with the CSLs,  a 507, 328, M1 and a McLaren F1.

Sean

20160819_080445.jpg

2 hours ago, B6driver said:

Hi Coop, 

Your 72 tii is amazing in person. It brought back memories of my Sahara 72tii. I was at the Quail showing my  Alpina B6 2.8 with my dad.   Both my dad and I liked your car so much we decided to vote for it to win for the 100 Years of BMW class. But I guess there was some stiff competition with the CSLs,  a 507, 328, M1 and a McLaren F1.

Sean

Sean, I'm very grateful for your praise (and honored by your votes for my car!) and I wish that I had the opportunity to meet you and your Dad. I checked out your B6 at length and was totally digging on it..actually one of my favorite models. Bad timing I guess, you must have been exploring when I stopped by. Funny, I was at The Quail with my Mom who flew out from Boston to celebrate her 80th Birthday on 8/20. It was truly a magical week: Concours on the Avenue Tuesday, Mission Classic and Tiny Cars Wednesday, Legends AND The Quail on Friday and Pebble on Sunday...Total sensory overload! Thanks again and I hope to meet you some day.

COOP

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by COOP

• 3 years later...
29 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

coop's car was so nice!

Thank you kindly!

It’s still so nice, it’s just not Coop’s anymore lol.

It’s now in one of Europe’s sweetest BMW collections, but I’m told it gets driven, which makes me feel a bit better...although I do sometimes weep...

83849582-D49B-455C-A6D5-31AA62A70917.png

BE8A8CB5-862E-4DE0-A812-F4E46E0E164A.png

C387D1B4-794A-4662-9328-8C537D32DAA2.png

E472FFB3-7E9B-4955-A619-F8D53A9A5E15.png

• Like 4