• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I will post more pics soon, but let me just tell you, I am MORE than happy with the product Esty provides. A great carpet kit that looks amazing.

HOWEVER!!!!

Next time I am going to buy her a plane ticket, put her up in a very nice hotel, and pay her to install it for me! The task itself wasn't crazy difficult, but it takes a very patient and dedicated person to do this! It was a lot of glue, a lot of bending uncomfortably, and a lot of "oh crap I forgot to cut out a hole for the seat belt receivers, and the seat rails". All in all, it wasn't too bad, but I am hoping that this kit lasts me the rest of my life so I dont have to do it again!

Side note: If you do a carpet kit, spend the 300 dollars and get dynamat for the entire interior. My ride to work this morning was nice and quiet. I have a magnaflow exhaust (That I do NOT want, i'd love to go back to stock) and it was still nice and quiet.

Thank you so much for your product and your help Esty. I love it!

post-49433-0-65501800-1458849259_thumb.j

Blake Nelson

503-819-9657

Pacific Northwest (Portland)

1976 2002 - 1981 320i

HOWEVER!!!!

"oh crap I forgot to cut out a hole for the seat belt receivers, and the seat rails". 

A little trick I use is to apply a pick probe to locate them needed bolt holes and then follow that location up with a soldering iron (Ala Radio Shack) and melt a perfect clean and tight opening. 

But what do I know. 

But what do I know

I was recommended to use Press and Seal roof flashing- apparently it does an equally good job as Dynamat for a fraction of the cost. Carpet (and your interior) looks great btw!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/tech-articles-staging-area/153310-sound-deadening-noise-dynamat-vs-peel-seal-other-ideas.html

Edited by LikeStig

My esty went in great ,cept the transmission tunnel up near the fire wall was a bit long. I kept thinking I must be have got it wrong someplace but in the end just trimmed up. Very good product.

Yes the transmission tunnel is long, if i had taken my heater box out, I would've installed it all the way up, but I did a lot of trimming and fine tuning, and it all went in great! I'm going to post pictures this afternoon!

Blake Nelson

503-819-9657

Pacific Northwest (Portland)

1976 2002 - 1981 320i

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2016 at 0:54 PM, BlakeNelsonJr said:

I will post more pics soon, but let me just tell you, I am MORE than happy with the product Esty provides. A great carpet kit that looks amazing.

HOWEVER!!!!

Next time I am going to buy her a plane ticket, put her up in a very nice hotel, and pay her to install it for me! The task itself wasn't crazy difficult, but it takes a very patient and dedicated person to do this! It was a lot of glue, a lot of bending uncomfortably, and a lot of "oh crap I forgot to cut out a hole for the seat belt receivers, and the seat rails". All in all, it wasn't too bad, but I am hoping that this kit lasts me the rest of my life so I dont have to do it again!

Side note: If you do a carpet kit, spend the 300 dollars and get dynamat for the entire interior. My ride to work this morning was nice and quiet. I have a magnaflow exhaust (That I do NOT want, i'd love to go back to stock) and it was still nice and quiet.

Thank you so much for your product and your help Esty. I love it!

post-49433-0-65501800-1458849259_thumb.j

Hey Blake , what seats are in your car?

Nicely done, Blake. I installed Esty's carpet in my tii in 2013 and it took me a month..thought it would take me a week tops (yeah right)

but it made the interior night n day better. Of course, I bought new door cards, which meant the window roll up mechanisms were dealt with and lubed,

new weatherstripping below the door, et cetera, project took a life of its own, but the end result was worth it.

Your seats look identical to mine except for the color - Recaros from a 320i.

Edited by bmdubl02

75 2002 (atlantik) 1990 - 1993

73 2002 tii (malaga) 1994 - 2017

74 2002 tii (verona) 2023 - present