• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front windshield glass from dealer

stone02

Hey,

so i would like to know if anyone has recently order and 

installed a front windshield.  i bought one and i am suspicious

of the glass not being even close to the correct curvature.

i do know how to install glass, as seen on youtube. i have

done maybe forty or more and only broken one in all the years.

i even had a VW buddy of mine come and look at it and he 

talked me out of trying to install after seeing how out of shape

it really is.

so again, does anyone have any good or bad about dealer glass.

thanks,

stone

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

Pilkington is identical to OEM and WAY less $$$.

This^^^^

I have a Pilkington in my car. Fit nice, looks good!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I have been thinking about this as well. I have installed a pilkington and just would miss the original label.  So I thought about making a template for getting the original labeling lightly etched into the glass before installation. 

I was worried about that too, but I found that I so rarely looked at it I haven't thought about it since. Just my $.02

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I read on an older thread from 2007 that Pilkington bought out the original glass supplier Sigla.

Even still, I have been holding off on swapping out the original windshield because I love seeing the "Made in West Germany" on the old Sigla glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1976 2002 Fjordblau (currently Verona, 3rd owner)

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

Too many steering wheels

As mentioned above, my tii has a BMW windshield.  Brand is Pilkington with Roundel above it.

1ED34538-3581-434A-84DD-486DF206ABFC_zps

On the 69, all the side glass was scratched so I bought new from the dealer (the glass in the tii is scratched from what looks like a razor blade to remove overspray).  Free shipping and not too bad with my CCA discount.

Drivers door

0A581E2B-9C99-4AA4-9EAB-FED75529030B_zps

Left quarter window

A01EA83E-D217-428A-92B8-F5D15A0D947A_zps

Pass. door

27B4741F-D7FC-4C57-AE73-778B11224BEE_zps

Right quarter window is Sekurit but logo is in the upper hinge area

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"