flybmw02

Jerry's BMW

10 posts / 1378 viewsLast Reply

Beautiful car, front end needs to be higher

I think he added an extra spacer between the strut bearing and inner strut tower. 

Joking aside, that is a very high-caliber tii. I'd drive it exactly as it is. 

(edited)

I think Jerry is accelerating in that profile shot...The car squats quite a bit under acceleration. Actually, I REMOVED the U.S. spec spacers during the restoration. It looked even higher before. From what I've been told, the current stance is factory correct. Trust me, I'd love to bring the whole car down a bit lower, but the focus on this particular car has been to keep it OEM from every conceivable standpoint. Looking forward to seeing the episode!

COOP

Edited by COOP

And the focus was achieved. So fantastic.

Much appreciated!

COOP

Typical stock "stance" of a 2002 from the 1972 model year looks like the photo below.  Earlier cars with stock springs are lower.

And while most '02-ers cast off the stock springs in favor of something lower and with the front an inch or so lower yet, if you measure, the rocker trim and knee trim are equidistant from the ground.

On COOP's car, the profile view is similar.

For the video, keep in mind COOP's car was loaded with driver, passenger and rear seat occupant.

post-9207-0-16579700-1452703459_thumb.jp

(edited)

Typical stock "stance" of a 2002 from the 1972 model year looks like the photo below.  Earlier cars with stock springs are lower.

And while most '02-ers cast off the stock springs in favor of something lower and with the front an inch or so lower yet, if you measure, the rocker trim and knee trim are equidistant from the ground.

On COOP's car, the profile view is similar.

For the video, keep in mind COOP's car was loaded with driver, passenger and rear seat occupant.

To start off on the right tone, It's and amazing car that I commend COOP for. 

In the side profile scene that spurred my comment there was no rear seat passenger and it didn't appear to be under hard acceleration though I maybe wrong on that.

Again, an amazing car.

Edited by Fatherof3