• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To the PO(s) of 2574356

winstontj

I want to thank you personally for using drywall screws to attach whatever it was you eventually attached with Velcro to the dashboard (just above the shift pattern). I cannot find a single crack, dent, scratch or blemish anywhere else on the dash, other than the four holes you made. Thank you. 

If you are out there and happen to stumble upon this I'd also like to let  you know that I found a few of your things under the back seat. I found the 3-pack of (unopened) cherry flavored condoms. Guess that night didn't work out as planned. I also found the spiked skull and crossbones shift knob and steering wheel wrap you had purchased. They are still new in the packaging and I'm not going to use them so I'd like to return them to you. 

The last thing I found might be of value to you, given the condition that you like your cars to be in. You left an 8mm wrench attached to the parking brake tab on the rear trailing arm. It has rusted a little thin but I'm sure you can find something to do with it. 

I believe I bought this car from your dad several years ago. You might be all grown up now so if any of that stuff isn't yours please accept my apologies. I wasn't trying to embarrass you, I'm simply trying to return property to its rightful owner. 

P.S.

I threw out the gold chain, earrings and card addressed to "Tasha Baby". The card was very sweet but giving a girl fake jewelry isn't very classy --the paint/plating had chipped off and I checked the stones. Not real. 

Hope you are doing well and I'm looking forward to getting this stuff back to you. 

(end rant... thanks for reading!)

P.P.S. 

Wow! Thank you for giving me more drywall screws! If I ever need to re-sheet rock an entire home I'll have the hardware to do it.

I was wondering what the wires going into the doors led to... Aftermarket power locks... They would have worked better if you hadn't used a hose clamp and bondo to attach the actuator rod to the door lock rods. It binds badly. Either way, now I know why the door key never worked properly and thanks for giving me one more place to practice my welding skills. 

post-32133-0-96078000-1450411170_thumb.j

Edited by winstontj

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Haahhahahahahahahahahaaa, choke, cough, choke.... Hagagahagahaggaha!

Best post I have read in a long time! I do not know what is funnier; the wrench, the condoms or the ungifted gift. I am assuming the gift was for the same girl the cherry flavored condoms were meant for...

Too funny, and I love the pic of the disintegrating wrench.

Cheers,

Well done!

I've found tools in weird places in both cars I have(had).  Random sockets stuck in funny places, and a set of small needle nose vice grips holding up a drivers window (plus other tools in the trunk).

Best was the little black book.  Funnier, it was in the car I bought from a friend :)

Oh PO...

Please let me know what voc-tech school taught you how to weld like that. The way you burned through the metal every place you could and then left wire attached from weld to weld really is astonishing. It's like a connect-the-dots puzzle all along the A pillar. I wonder what the rest of the car will be like!  (Looks like you got pretty creative with the spare tire well)

Oh gosh! I almost forgot... the way that you used lead flashing and bondo to mold the sunroof drain and lower A-Pillar was genius! Almost artistic! Lead doesn't rust... Why didn't I think of that!! 

(EDIT: If you all get sick of me having a computer in the garage just send me a PM and tell me to shut it)

post-32133-0-06163700-1450417470_thumb.j

post-32133-0-10398200-1450417475_thumb.j

post-32133-0-62557600-1450417478_thumb.j

Edited by winstontj

E36 

I'm still trying to rid my mind of the very  notion of "cherry flavored condoms."

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

I'm still trying to rid my mind of the very  notion of "cherry flavored condoms."

If all goes well I'll be dropping the engine, transmission and subframe this evening. I'll post up some pictures of that to take your mind off the other stuff :)

One of my favorite things about previously owned cars is the amazing things you find! 

E36 

The PO of my MB wagon told me that they lost a diamond out of a ring somewhere in the car. Never managed to find THAT.

I can dig the bag of cubic zirconia stones out of the trash for you if you need something sparkly to make you feel better  :P

E36 

Found some cyclobenzaprene when I took out my glove box and pulled back the carpet. That and broken glass under the rear seat. Clearly someone broke in through a rear window at some point. Found a bootleg grateful dead tape in my 1990 vw vanagon. I keep it in there for good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!