• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal Dash Cupholder

aholderith

Hello everyone. I have casted the model in resin and I am a bit... Well... Disappointed. The casting process perfectly copied the existing rough spots of the print and not only that, but it added more. I have pictures attached. From this I've concluded that I am going to 3D print them and offer an optional finish and custom text option. Here are the photos.

362e997a002a60d44e13261d1cd3a863.jpg

144958c6a09a53e73237dd8c38b5f884.jpg

This was disappointing, but a learning experience nonetheless. I will make a formal sale post soon. Thank you for your ongoing support and ideas,

Alex

• 2 months later...
On December 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM, mike said:

Hey!  Wait a minute!  BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine, not the Ultimate Drinking a Beverage While Driving Machine ;-)

true, except for stop lights...  : )   

would love to buy one if it will not harm the dash over time

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

In my 1975, my solution was to remove the cup holder that is attached to one of those Zero-Gravity reclining folding chairs.

One screw into the side of the console and the cup holder snaps in and slides down. You can adjust the tension by tightening the screw. Oh wait..I have two of those chairs..so one cup holder on each side of the console. These holders are big enough to even hold a large coffee cup with a handle. They have a slot to allow it. Pics to follow

20220524_165433_resized.jpg

Edited by JETK1
added photo

• 1 year later...

In anyone in possession of the original file Alex posted. As others have noted, the link is long dead. 

I was in touch with Alex who came back to me requesting an email address which I supplied back in 2022 but subsequent follow ups have gone with no response.

He doesn’t look like he’s been active here for 18 months. I printed one out back on 2016 and they latch/hook on the dash lip pretty well - want to print another if someone can assist with the file. 

Thanks.