• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat upholstery kits

echappe

He has a personality that is very hard to adjust or cater to. I've delt with him a few times through out the years. He mostly buys e21 seats from me to reupholster and sell on ebay for $1500 or so. 

But for the one set of front seat vinyl I did buy from him, they had to be modified by a local upholstery shop to fit correctly. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

He has a personality that is very hard to adjust or cater to. I've delt with him a few times through out the years. He mostly buys e21 seats from me to reupholster and sell on ebay for $1500 or so. 

But for the one set of front seat vinyl I did buy from him, they had to be modified by a local upholstery shop to fit correctly. 

how did they have to be modified?

how did they have to be modified?

I don't remember the specifics, but my upholstery guy got mad at me because I told him they were a direct replacement to the current vinyl. He had to modify something and charged me another $50 or so. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

I bought a set for my E28 sport seats from him a few years ago and they turned out amazing. Then I bought both front and rear sets for my 02 because I was so happy. The E21 Recaros are harder to do but I was still happy with the results. They aren't perfect but I like the way they turned out. Some time in the hot summer sun helped them stretch out and conform to the bolsters. You can do the same thing with a heat gun but be very careful.

From what I remember the rear seat bottom piece was a little small in the back corners but I was able to make it work. More material would have definitely helped. You might mention that to him if you order some.

My dealings with him were nothing but positive and I recommend him every time I get comments on my seats. He isn't warm and fuzzy but how many people are these days on the internet. The days of friendly customer service are going away. And the days of people complaining about how they are treated on the internet have just begun...

Ken

People are always mean to me on the internet. That's why I carry a gun. 

I just want you to like me on facebook.

:P:D .

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

The seat covers he sells are not the same as the more expensive ones from WU for example. His are not embossed therefore less expensive from what I understand. I wanted the stock look so I didn't go with his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1976 2002 Fjordblau (currently Verona, 3rd owner)

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

Too many steering wheels

The previous owner of my car had the Recaro's recovered, probably 12 years or so ago. While most of it looked good, unfortunately there was a big rip in the driver's side bottom cushion. I tried Aardvarc and World Upholstery, who I figured were the two most likely vendors, but neither had a vinyl that still matched what was on my car. So, what to do… 

I've been doing a little upholstery here and there, so I figured I may as well try to make my own before sourcing new ones. It has ended up taking quite a while to figure out the correct patterns and assembly sequence, but ultimately they look to be shaping up pretty well. The bottom cover is now on, but the upper still isn't as I found quite a bit of foam in the side bolsters that needs repair. That will be next weekend's job I guess. Fun stuff!!

recarobase_zpsqola0gjf.jpg