• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella 'Super' 7" H4 headlight group buy ?

MoBrighta

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

John,

Almost anything is possible.  You are on the list.

My PayPal address is on my sig, end of the first line.  Also a good email address.

Please contact me to set this up, I need some info from you, and will send your amount.

Pablo-

You are on the list.  As soon as I hear (or not) from the rest of the folks ahead of you, we can get started.

My email is in my sig, end of the first line.  Get in touch, I'll get your info and start an invoice for this set.

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE-

As of quite recently, it seems the nice folks at Hella have decided to stop production of the Super headlight in the 'no city light' variant at the German Hella plant it has been made in up to now.  This is about 4 months after they sold me a bill of goods stating there would be 20 pairs in the US on or about the middle of November.  And billing us, and being paid, and promising delivery, and so on.

SO, their plan it seems is to move production to Romania, to another Hella plant run by German engineers, and supposedly using the same molds and similar build quality and so forth and so on.  This should be done with the line up and running in a year or so, obviously it's a low priority for them.

In response, my guy at the Hella warehouse was on the phone at some great length, made several good arguments about contract failure, and as a result has obtained a promise from them.

They agreed to ship a whole boatload of the lights from stock in Germany by >>Air Freight<< at no additional cost to us.  Now, having said that, I cannot promise they will be 'without city light' but they WILL be Hella Super headlights.  Might be that they are sending a mix of with and without city lights... we'll see when we open the boxes at the warehouse.

Please, don't hold your breath, anyone, but it may be they are scheduled for delivery this week, for which we are truly thankful.  I guess it depends on when they shipped them, and how fast they are being delivered.

Couple of you are still waiting to make payment of your final invoice (basically shipping cost).  Don't get left out in the cold.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

So what does that mean for us who ordered lights without city lights and all you get are lights with city lights ?

Ken

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Yup Ken I'm with you. Wass up??

Don

Come on President Ray, what you say ?

Don

Don

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

Yup Ken I'm with you. Wass up??

Don

Come on President Ray, what you say ?

Don

Please remain calm. There is no reason to panic. All is well.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Well now I can sleep. I DIDN'T ORDER CITY LIGHTS.

nite.

Don

My question was simply wondering if Andy had a plan b, c, or d.  I also appreciate the effort to pull this group buy together. 

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold