• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts On This 1972 2002

Eiremon

Just joined the forum.  Background - attended a car show last year and have been hooked on 2002 juice since seeing them at the show.  I have held off buying one for a while - and may still hold off until next spring unless I find the "right" car.  I am looking for:

- Roundie

- Base or Tii

- Resto Mod (not a huge fan of the stock look, want something more agressive with engine, carb and exhaust upgrades)

- Solid paint, does not have to be exceptional but don't want to repaint

- Nice interior

My budget is $20k, give or take.  I found the following car on eBay and am interested in it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281406803150?forcerRptr=true&item=281406803150&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

It meets most of the criteria I have except I would want to:

- Convert to 5 speed

- Dual tip exhaust

- Nardi steering wheel

- Replace old Pioneer with something newer

- Remove M Logos

- Swap wheels for something more traditional

With this in mind my instinct tells me that there is no sense paying $20k for something that I want to put an additional $3-5k into.  It's a sharp looking car, just not sure it's worth the money.

Let me know your thoughts and whether you have any recommendations as to the best approach to get the car I want.

Thanks,

Alan

I actually like that car for what it is.  It looks like it had the whole RD catalog thrown at it circa early/mid 90's.  I'm sure the owner paid handsomely.  If a ppi checks out I'd say it MIGHT be worth the asking price.

For you however, I'd attempt to do what you want on a different car.  The build on this car just don't coincide with your goals.

Edited by AceAndrew

Those wheels are hideous. And the plow.. With those lights..? Nice car, otherwise! I especially like the picture with the car underneath the american flag=)

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

I actually like that car for what it is.  It looks like it had the whole RD catalog thrown at it circa early/mid 90's.  I'm sure the owner paid handsomely.  If a ppi checks out I'd say it MIGHT be worth the asking price.

For you however, I'd attempt to do what you want on a different car.  The build on this car just don't coincide with your goals.

Yeah, that's pretty interesting. The air dam looks very similar to the late-ish 80s E24 ones.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Yeah, that's pretty interesting. The air dam looks very similar to the late-ish 80s E24 ones.

Cheers,

I believe the air dam is from Bav Auto. They did a set with fr air dam, side skirts, rear valance, rear spoiler for the '02.

I have a set in my garage; still wondering what to do with it!

As said, I think it was Bav Auto that sold these back when.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les, that airdam is from BMP Design (like the rest of that bodykit you have, I run).  It is late-80s design, and as Ray noted - similarly styled to the M635 (e24) and M-technic (e30) spoilers of that period.

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com