• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know What This Is ?

1Eighteen

This is sat in my engine bay, with lots of wires going nowhere.  It seems to be a DIY job, since the wires are not genuine BMW items.

One of them seems to run into the wing ?

Can anyone shed any light on it ?  I thought maybe someone had spotlights at some point, but the 'wing' wire has thrown me !!

post-46789-0-62962100-1395043353_thumb.j

Based on your picture, you have a tii - most likely that is a starter relay- but I have only seen them mounted in the right corner next to the coil. Please confirm the year (72-74). Most likely a 72 or 73 due to lack of relays in the bracket only on 74tii's.

Oops- no brake fluid reservoir in the pic- right hand drive tii?

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Un bolt it and give us a pic of the relay pins w/their numbers.

New M20 swap mounts when I get around to welding them up. I should make this font smaller because it may never happen...🙃

'71 2002 Restomod under the knife, 2012,...2018, 2019 it will run again! 2024? IDK

'74 260z K24 swap

A relay used for many 12v applications back in the day.  My 72 Volvo 1800ES uses them for the fuel injection the fuel pump and the horn and high beams.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

• 2 weeks later...