• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella Talbot Or Talbot Berlin 300

mickem02

Hi,

Which of these two mirrors should I choose? Are there any difference in value or valuable?

Do anyone knows how these fit on a 02 door or do I have to make other holes? I hope not though..

null_zps58a82c2a.jpg

null_zps1ad8ea7a.jpg

Cheers Micke

Edited by mickem02
Photobucket

New holes are needed. In the stock location they are worthless. I have them on my 1970 1600 and the look amazing but you really can't see anything with them in the stock location.

post-35273-0-44911600-1378768308_thumb.j

Edited by ryansti

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

Agree with previous posters--Talbot mirrors look very cool and period, but will need to be mounted in different spots to be useful.  Also, they are even smaller than the original early (68-70) stock outside mirrors so don't provide much rearward vision.  If you're gonna use 'em you should consider finding a larger inside mirror to help compensate--E21, E30, early 5s and 6s have mirrors that pop into the 02 mount and are significantly larger for better rearward vision.  Might as well take advantage of that big rear window!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hi--

Here is the best way to mount Talbot mirrors, as shown on my late '73.  Thanks again  to Tom Jones for this great photo just a few hours before my accident.  After using small, flat Talbot mirrors (installed just a couple months after purchasing this car new) I migrated to convex tinted mirrors to help see more in the blind spots.  By the way, I'm getting the useable Talboval mirror ready for the classified section.

Larry

post-38589-0-49311300-1378948124_thumb.j

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

i went through this a couple of years ago except i used talbot bullet replicas and i couldnt see S__t and the reason why is because the pedestals are to short and the problem is exasperated on the passanger side. i think if your a really small person you could use talbots on a 2002 but if your like 5'5 and up you will have problems. still they do look nice on 2002. but mirrors are like wheels very subjective eveybody sees something differant for example the this white 2002 above looks ugly with those gold and silver wheels?