for those of you running either coilovers, or any small diamter springs, im curious what length and springs rate you guys are running???

from the street rodders to the track rats...

i was thinking of  getting the IE 2.5 ID springs, and my car came with bilsteins (not sure if HD or sports), depending on which ever spring rate i get, i think im going to make the drive to SD and have them revalve them to the proper rate.

sort of a semi-custom non adjustable coilover.. i guess. hahaha

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 7" springs @ 325lbs. I'm running Rabbit Bilstein Sport inserts. Stiff, but not overly harsh for the street, although that is subjective.

To complete the spring equation, in the rear, I use Ireland Stage II springs, cut 1/2 a coil. I don't know what their spring rate is, but it feels comparable to what's up front.

Edited by Chamonix72

i had 450's in back.  found it too much even for track use, so went to 400's.   have run GC big tubes with Koni S/A's and D/A's now.  even full soft, it is pretty harsh.  heck, i have found i run near full soft even on track.  keep in mind the SA Koni's only adjust the rebound stiffness, not the compression stiffness, so the adjustment does not alter the ride.

Marshall, thank you for that. Long story but had to exchange rear springs anyway, ended up with 275's instead of the 450's they were supposed to be. GC now has 400's on the way for me. Luckily I am close enough to deal with GC in person. Mark is a great guy, but you have to keep Jay in check to be sure he does what he says he's gonna do...

Edited by tjones02

• 2 months later...

i am new here and done alot of reading, i am in the process of ordering a set of GC coilover conversion kit for the 2002 front and rear 

the suggested rates they gave me where 340 front and 450 rear? i want a nice street ride with the occasional track and hillclimb but this sounds a little too stiff in my opinion, thoughts anyone?