• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwartz

jayamasaki

bmw ad ?

schwarz.jpg

Could be, but they didn't generally show their cars with accessories such as driving/fog lights and the adjacent car is "encroaching" somewhat on the 02.

Curiously, this photo does remind me of the Schwarz, and amazingly original, '75 1602 Lux that the new James Taylor book illustrates at some length, and the Schwarz, recently-sold, 7,500-mile, Italian '76 2002 Lux -- recently photographed by Jim Gerock at Korman Autoworks.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that shot, Harry. So nice... Sad you sold that sweet car.

Schwarz Brotherhood Unite!!! ;-)

Mine is actually Cosmos Schwarz Metallic (code 303, like my current hometown of Denver) - a repaint from it's original Polaris livery, with color of the first M3 schwarz, which I fell in love with...

My02-OctCruise_Lot_PassQtr_800.jpg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

318110_3169227193922_1258893393_n.jpg

I have since installed some hella 500's, tucked the bumper in a little, I usually have a roof rack on also.

Here's an iPhone Instagram shot with the roof rack:

483291_4073174472039_1587067884_n.jpg

And here's another iPhone Instagram shot with the hella's:

526574_4244506555234_1166310322_n.jpg

I need to get some new beauty shots, but My Little Tutu is also due for a thorough wash and wax... Perhaps on the next BMW SIG meeting in Portland.

Daily '74 BMW 2002 w/ Dual 40's

Signature

Visit my Wheelwell to see what I've done to the car

Black is rare on the round tails and some what common on the square tails. Generally any round tail 02 I've seen in black has been repainted that color and was not original. I had one factory black round tail parts car, a '72 Tii and that was over twenty years ago. Haven't seen another since.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Black is rare on the round tails and some what common on the square tails. Generally any round tail 02 I've seen in black has been repainted that color and was not original. I had one factory black round tail parts car, a '72 Tii and that was over twenty years ago. Haven't seen another since.

Rare, yes but they are around in roundie format. Mine is a factory black car and I know of one other euro tii in CA.

70 M2 2.5L 

bmw ad ?

schwarz.jpg

This photo is from BMW, it is representing Der Schwarzen serie. This were black BMW 2002 with Luxury equipment and aditional headlamps, and probably without wood door panels.

Mine is probably one of this series. By BMW they wouldnt know if, but most of this 02's were exportet to Italy, from where mine came as well.

Mine has original bmw instalation for aditional headlamps and also i got a wooden gauge with it, and then replace it with alpina...

More about my car is here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,378214/highlight,/

Black cars pre 73' and after 73' are very rare. In that times that colour was not so popular as nowdays. So after 73' alpina took most of the 2002 black cars for tuning them for street use, after then bmw probaby had too much black colour left so they lounched this special series car into production. [/url]

Best regards

Blaz

bmw ad ?

schwarz.jpg

This photo is from BMW, it is representing Der Schwarzen serie. This were black BMW 2002 with Luxury equipment and aditional headlamps, and probably without wood door panels.

[/url]

I believe this is part of a BMW ad showing the size difference between a 2002 and a black Cadillac.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

[ and the Schwarz, recently-sold, 7,500-mile, Italian '76 2002 Lux -- recently photographed by Jim Gerock at Korman Autoworks.

Steve

Same car? I should have inspected it more closely. Had a long drive home ahead of me that trip. Note the rear seat grab handle and dome light location. I believe that indicates this car does not have a sunroof. Would think a special edition would have one (optional cost extra no doubt).

IMG_8630_zpsf1c59ef0.jpg

IMG_8631_zpsb674bfbf.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"