jayamasaki

schwartz

39 posts / 8370 viewsLast Reply

I've only seen a handful of black 1600's or 2002's. is this a rare color as well ? If anyone has pics of some black ones, kindly post them up. I'd like to see whats been done to them stock/modified.

E24's ain't bad in black either. ;-)

Jaya, there's a build thread on Kris' schwarz car buried in project blogs somewhere.

Cheers,

I have a total love affair with schwartz 2002s.

My last name is Schwartz so I was scared that you were calling me out.

My last name is Schwartz so I was scared that you were calling me out.

To answer the other part of your question, yes, Schwarz is a fairly rare color.

Somewhere in my distant past I came across a distribution chart of color, year by year. Maybe McCartney's book? Chamonix was very, very common, and Schwarz was pretty rare, one of the rarest, depending on year, as I recall. Maybe someone will post a definitive answer. It does depend on the year, though, as some colors were only offered certain years.

David

To answer the other part of your question, yes, Schwarz is a fairly rare color.

Somewhere in my distant past I came across a distribution chart of color, year by year. Maybe McCartney's book? Chamonix was very, very common, and Schwarz was pretty rare, one of the rarest, depending on year, as I recall. Maybe someone will post a definitive answer. It does depend on the year, though, as some colors were only offered certain years.

David

Here in the U.S., Schwarz 02's are sufficiently rare that my starting point, especially for a round taillight, is "must have been a color change"! I lived in the Northeast, as an 02 owner, for 35 years, and I never saw a Schwarz 02 there! That said, they do exist.

(Now watch: 27 owners of original Schwarz Northeast 02's will come out of the woodwork! So where have up you been hiding?)

Good luck,

Steve

I had a 74 tii Schwartz with tan interior. Only one that I had ever scene, was originally in Los Angeles.

My '72 is an original schwartz. I would like to have it painted, but I think it might be worth more to keep it original, even though it is a little beat up. The paint is pretty good, but there are a few dings and dents here and there on it.

But I like it. I have owned it since July 1989.