• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is your 2013 2002 resolution

dasfrogger

...Finish the 6 series rear seat conversion including mounting a set of 3 point inertia belts provided by Al (aka Bluedevils) by August, ...

Daron

Diddo.... return the old belts to Al and just drive the heck out of her.

1974 2002 Malaga tii (Maggie): Work in progress, daily driver

started my maiden build on the day after christmas, no idea what I'm doing but oh well! here goes nothing. Cars' in the body shop, be ready at the end of the month. I don't even have a clue of my needed parts list. I'm somewhat overwhelmed but I resolved to drive the car before Christmas. At the moment, it is just a shell with no motor, no running gear. We'll see.

ps: if anyone out there has a decent parts list for a complete build, please send it my way.

Happy new year all

Hi Andrew.

The regulator/filter unit is a Malpassi Filter King. Yes they are used on some Alfas. But they are popular on many carb'd street and competition cars in Uk and Europe.

http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/malpassi-filter-king-fuel-pressure-regulator-67mm---clear-or-alloy-bowl-34-p.asp

I haven't done much apart from set the fuel pressure with a guage at idle. I still need to run the motor under load at full speed to check that there is is enough pressure when demand is higher. I have a Facet Red Top pump mounted in the trunk. This is pushing fuel thru an 8mm bore braided line to the regulator.

post-16982-1366766804762_thumb.jpg

My resolution is to DRIVE IT! Lol I finished her in the fall but then had to sort out all kinds of things, leaky brake booster, bad ignition, gummy carbs and wrong jets (choked down to pass CA emmissions) etc. etc. I got her running just in time for the Indiana Department of Transportation to dump down a bunch of salt. However, this week, it's supposed to rain and then get warm so I'll probably push her out and get some miles out of her. I'd also like to replate the hardware for my wheels and I need to fix the vent window on the pass. side, it's a little wonky.

It's crazy because my ten year plan on my toys is coming to a head and everything is almost done. I finished my boat, it's done and runs like a raped ape, all bike projects are done (you can see one in between these two cars) that Benz is done and as perfect as I want her to be, the BMW is done and now I'm almost finished with my '61 drop top ThunderChicken. It's gonna be nice to have some options and options that actually work really well.

One last thing I want to do to her and the others is to dryice clean the underside and the engine and really detail them out. http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,380497/

IMG_B1D51ABA-B099-46E8-AAE0-5AB56FF074E2_lg.jpg

• 5 months later...

It only took me about 9 months, but I finally got my rear buckets and 3 point seat belts installed. They still need some cleaning up, but they look great so far.

Heading off tomorrow for the motherlode 400 rally, putting about 700 miles on her in 2 days, checking off my second 2013 resolution.

post-42227-0-62071700-1371133041_thumb.j

post-42227-0-40569500-1371133075_thumb.j

1974 2002 Malaga tii (Maggie): Work in progress, daily driver

Sort out my Megasquirt tune on the turbo, troubleshoot my intake problems, replace turbo with T3/T4 hybrid, turn up the boost!!!  Of course by this time I will have blown a rod out the bottom and will need a refreshed long block...