dasfrogger

what is your 2013 2002 resolution

52 posts / 3668 viewsLast Reply

As the title states, whats your resolution? Something to learn, A project to complete (large or small), or even just to drive it more...what are you going to do differently in 2013?

I'll go first. My resolution is to stop being distracted by other cars/projects and focus 100% of time and $$$ on restoring my 1600-2 to it's former glory.

Happy New Years!

I'm going to have sex in my 1600!....what, that doesn't count?...;-)

It's just a little cramped in these things haha.

My goal is to get the engine in it and drive the piss out of it and MAKE IT TO THE VINTAGE!!!

My goal is to get the engine in it and drive the piss out of it and MAKE IT TO THE VINTAGE!!!

Did you learn to stick shift yet?

Brother that counts big time!

I am going to put my interior back in, fix the brakes, install the sync-link, replace the window regulator, get different rims...

Mine, in the order presented:

1) rehab the suspension on Diether (73 roundee)

2) install the sync-link on Diether

3) prep Diether for Midfest 2013

4 rebuilt the Metric Mechanic (head gasket) engine on Trudy (74tii)

5) finish the body work on Madalena (other 74tii)

6) start the body work on Trudy

Did you learn to stick shift yet?

Nope, car hasn't really worked long enough to do so. Learned a little bit in my brother's Chevy Cruze, I drove it across town and back and reversed.

Drive my e30 more. It's faster,handles better and gets 30 mpg. Forget the 1.7 secs M. Lylte- I just want to stay on the track !!

dlm ny country

post-20069-13667667869448_thumb.jpg

Finish the re-assembly of Bobby Rahal's '72 Inka Tii and drive it to the Monterey Historics in August

mac.

Build the engine, sort the side drafts, take my wife to the airmans black tie ball mid February. Hang a 3.91 LSD , for the spring/summer. Finish the 6 series rear seat conversion including mounting a set of 3 point inertia belts provided by Al (aka Bluedevils) by August, when my daughter tuns 8, I can drive her around the block. Her favorite color lately is Turqoise. Go figure. Then prep for some floor pan rehab next winter. Euro bumper conversion with below line paint. Parts already lined up except the engine gasket/ bearing set and deposit of a getrag 245 already given to the paint & body guy who owns a '76.

Daron

Replace the automatic trans with the Getrag 245 sitting in my garage. Then I can put the body back on the TR6.