• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drove my tii 400 miles today

Gordon

I'm in Vegas attending some meetings at nearby Nellis AFB and I decided to drive my tii from my house in San Luis Obispo County to Vegas, a little over 400 miles. Took CA 58 all the way from near San Luis Obispo to Barstow and then up I-15 to Vegas. Tii ran perfect the whole way, got lots of thumbs up from fellow drivers. Stopped off on the way in Tehachapi CA where I scored a box of NOS old school 2002 parts the seller has had advertised in the Bakersfield Craigslist for ever. Since Tehachapi is in the middle of nowhere, no one ever contacted the seller about the parts. Since I was going through Tehachapi, I stopped by to check them out and I couldn't pass them up, score. Perfect driving weather, stayed in the 60-70's the whole way. I would never make this drive in the summer since my tii has no AC.

Get out and drive your 02's, they need to be driven and it will put a big smile on your face as well.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Damn straight! Just keep 'em out of the salt!

...or for us east coast folks, learn to love freezing cold bathes for your car to keep the salt off.

I daily drive mine, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I work in a place filled with priceless cars that rarely get driven, and it's just a shame. I have more fun in my cheap little beat up but well loved 2002 than most guys will ever get out of a Leman's DB2 or a Gullwing.

The ultimate driving experience, not the ultimate viewing experience.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

If you are Not in a rush to get home and want a More interesting drive home, Head home thru Death Valley....thru Ridgecrest (stop here for lunch give me a call) then head out toward Bakersfield via Lake Isabella then back onto highway 58........if it works drop me a note tom at 02Again dot com

G,

Good job! The effort poured into the car last year shows now. Change the

engine oil as we discussed before the return back. The freshened engine

really likes new dino juice.

If you have a chance check your email.

See you and Ruby when you get back.

R

PS - do you still want to sell it now 8^)

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

After reading your post, I'm tempted to drive from Boston to S. Portland, Maine this weekend. I'm meeting up w/ friends, catching a hockey game, then off to Old Port, and leaving the next morning. Now I'm considering taking the 02.... It's about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive each way....This would be the last trip till Spring. I've missed 3-4 meetups w/ the Nor'East 02er crew, so if anybody wants to meet up along the way, let me know. I'll be driving between noon and 3pm...

- The big print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

After reading your post, I'm tempted to drive from Boston to S. Portland, Maine this weekend. I'm meeting up w/ friends, catching a hockey game, then off to Old Port, and leaving the next morning. Now I'm considering taking the 02.... It's about a 2 - 2.5 hour drive each way....This would be the last trip till Spring. I've missed 3-4 meetups w/ the Nor'East 02er crew, so if anybody wants to meet up along the way, let me know. I'll be driving between noon and 3pm...

Taking you 02 will make you realize there is no reason not to take it. I have logged over 100k miles in my 02 in the last 3 years. Love and trust you 02

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle