• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought One!!!!

sonhouse

So, I just bought my first 02. I've loved these cars for a long time

and glad to finally have one.

It's gonna be a daily driver. But they won't be hard miles.

Prolly around 7 miles/day, non-highway...

Any tips on keeping a daily driver will be greatly appreciated.

It's a 72, original Inka.

post-22910-1366766630536_thumb.jpg

post-22910-13667666306981_thumb.jpg

Very nice!

You do need to get it a little lower.

We need under hood pics. Are there still spacers on top of the struts under the fenders?

Welcome to the madness.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Welcome! Looks like a nice car. I'm a bit perplexed as to why the engine compartment was painted black(should be body color). You can get the details about your car from BMW Classic. Someone may chime in with a specific email address for that.

Have fun and good luck!

Bob Newman

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Looks great! Congratulations and welcome!

I was going to say the same thing about the engine bay. I've never seen one like that.

I use my 02 as a daily driver, also for a shortish commute, but I sometimes take it on longer drives--about 100 miles or so. One thing I've learned about these cars is that small things can make a big difference. My car had a frequent rough idle, often accompanied by the battery voltage light coming on. I got all sorts of of advice on what the problem might be. Turned out that after 36 years the alternator bushings had turned to goo. New bushings, an oil change and new spark plugs, and it felt like a new car. Or as new as a 36-year-old car can feel.

Good luck!