• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower door seal gasket does not match original HELP

austinmf

Starting to put the car back together.... Looking at the gasket that slides in the threshold and noting they are not close to the same... part number 51 711 813 507

Anyone know if I got the wrong one or....

post-20302-13667665973044_thumb.jpg

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

According to my parts book it is part# 51 47 1 822 072

Item 8 in the pic.

edit:

I seem to remember on my first '02 ('70), there was a seal attached to the bottom lip of the door. Maybe to stop water getting up inside? Perhaps that's whay you have?

post-20302-13667665978562_thumb.png

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 3 years later...
On 10/26/2012 at 8:28 PM, austinmf said:

Starting to put the car back together.... Looking at the gasket that slides in the threshold and noting they are not close to the same... part number 51 711 813 507

Anyone know if I got the wrong one or....

IMG_2636.jpg

I'm in the exact same position as you...

Did you find out the correct part number?

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

6 hours ago, MildSeven said:

Did you find out the correct part number?

It´s correct that there are 3 (maybe 4 but then I´ve never seen the earliest type) different types.

What year is your car? Or better if things are maybe no longer original in your car: Can you post a pic of the complete part that you´d like to put the gasket into?

Best regards, Lars. 

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

18 hours ago, LarsAlpina said:

It´s correct that there are 3 (maybe 4 but then I´ve never seen the earliest type) different types.

What year is your car? Or better if things are maybe no longer original in your car: Can you post a pic of the complete part that you´d like to put the gasket into?

Best regards, Lars. 

Thanks for the replies.

It's for a '76

Part needed vs purchased part (from ECS, Part # 51711813507 )

8aa544787b508eb6a07f9c72deb87138.jpg

My door sill

4aa0a3296598072fc83ebc6dad6fd37a.jpg

thanks!

Anthony

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

Hi Anthony,

what you have (51 71 1 813 507) is for the early, grey entrance capping (that´s how BMW calls it in the parts catalogue) that doesn´t cover the upper outer sill/rocker but is screwed (or originally maybe riveted / I did always use screws) into the inner sill/rocker through the outer edge of the carpet.

Volker Einstiegsleiste original 2.jpg

What you´ll need is the already above mentioned 51 47 1 822 072.

Or you keep the 507s and do a complete swap to the earlier style. Needed entrance capping 51 47 7 470 007 was NLA for quite some time, but since my friend André has initiated a reproduction you can again buy them from him. W+N should have them, too, but they also got theirs from André.

Best regards, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I searched the Internet for “D-shaped” weatherstrip, ended up finding something that is adhesive, vs. OEM which has lips, and it works fine. And looks stock. From Amazon: Kaixuan KX Automotive Universal New Weather Stripping EPDM Rubber Seal Strip D-Shape, 3/4”

'72 BMW 2002tii

'00 Porsche 911