• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranded in WV: Andrew Wilson needs alternator for E9

jgerock

Edit:

AutoZone 13071 for $ 55.00.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Import-Alternator/1973-BMW-3-0CSI/_/N-jazitZ9ci9i?itemIdentifier=25226_353684_4677_

Andrew and his wife are driving to the Vintage.

Just received an e-mail from Dave V. in NC. There was a phone number included but it does not work (not just out of coverage message)

From Andrew's signature, it is a 73 3.0CSi. RealOEM not helpful.

Andrew Wilson just called and is stranded in WVA...don't know if he has been able to contact you...needs an alternator for a 3.0csi e9....

I have called to try to even find one to fedex and have about run out of ideas....can you call him? He was having trouble emailing you...thanks

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Awww man! I just talked to him this morning (and last night) and he said he thought the charging system had come back to life after a brief "red light episode". :-(

He might have better luck finding some rural alternator / starter rebuild shop that can fix it while he waits. Those kinds of places are everywhere.

Ugh....total bummer.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Thanks Paul. You are probably right. That one is most likely a special order. Maybe it is just the regulator or brushes. A local electrical shop or gas station is his best bet. I have no idea where in WV he is - hopefully on a major Interstate.

Jim Gerock

Hopefully he can get back on the road quickly. Suck to be stranded in a foreign remote place.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I live in Martinsburg, let me know if I can help. -Raine

Raine -

According to Dave V., Andrew and his wife are at a Sheetz gas station. No mention of exact location. I too just left him a message.

Cell Two zero seven, three one nine, five six, five three.

Jim

Jim Gerock

I just spoke with Bob Mullen at Opequon Automotive in Kearneysville, WV (close to Martinsburg), he has some alternators, but wasn't sure if he has the right one. 304-876-3068. He'll be there till 6 tonight. -Raine

Talked to Andrew around 1800 and he is closing in on Charlottsville, VA., Car is fine, red L light glowing.

Hopes to make it to Winston-Salem and have hoards of folks stick their heads under the hood to tell him what is wrong.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Sucks. Every year someone has a problem. makes reaching the tree at the Hawthorn that much better!

Last year it was my turn.

a9c35b6f.png

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

18:54, just spoke to him...still rolling south of C'ville...Gonna call Billy Revis in the morning, and headed to the e9 board for another possible csi alternator.

Thanks for the help Bill, Jim, and everyone else...Remember the scene in the "The High and the Mighty" where John Wayne is trying to get the DC-7(?) from Hawaii to San Francisco...there were barely enough cigarettes...or fuel...

See everyone tomorrow..

Dave V. in NC