• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bilstein HD front strut sources

Napes

Thanks for the link, Daron, and I'll see what BavAuto has to say, because I have new HDs in the rear so I need only the fronts, and I think their special is for a set of all four.

Bob Napier

Bob, I was able to buy just rears for my car. They suggested the fronts, but I just blew past that and ordered rears only. Shox.com has a good price for Bilsteins, but you do have to buy all 4 there.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Thanks, Guys. Just bought a pair from BavAuto. Seems like an outstanding price. Appreciate the heads-up.

For comparison, Shox.com wanted $266.80 + shipping. BavAuto is delivering them to my door for $208.70. Considerable difference.

Bob Napier

So, which springs would you suggest to go with the HDs? The car is not tracked or autocrossed. I don't want to lower it a lot. Current OEM springs have 165K on them. They're tired, I suppose. -Raine

Eibach pro springs work well with HDs. Or you can buy NOS from BMW.

As bluedevils mentioned, I, too, will be installing Eibach Pro springs in the front when I install the new Bilstein HDs. Bought a set of Eibach springs for my wife's '76 about 6 mos. ago and installed the rears, so now will be the time to install the fronts.

Bob Napier