• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Nevada finally arrived today

jgerock

While trying to remove the front seats, I noticed the sliders are different than in my 73 - the release knob/lever is part of the seat base like on the VW.

IMG_7010.jpg

The seat rails are attached to the front of the floor pan differently than the 73 - the two front bolts are installed on a vertical plate - much easier to install than inside the rails. I couldn't figure out how to gain access to the partially hidden bolts until I noticed a tiny screw holding the carpet to the seat frame.

IMG_7008.jpg

I am missing (1) black seat adjustment knob and the chrome surround for the tilt lever. Thank goodness the chrome hinges look good.

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7016.jpg

The carpet in this car is most likely original - worn completely out in front.

IMG_7020.jpg

Wonder if Esty can make a nice reproduction of this color/binding/style??

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really nice, Jim. I'm impressed that the horsehair is still in the seats.

Why did the PO stuff rags in the heater vents? Is the heater box/bowden cable broken and he couldn't shut off the airflow?

Thanks Matthew! Will be enlisting your help when it finally comes time to re-install the windows.

I can move all (3) of the sliders. Closer examination is required. The stupid heater fan only turns if I use a hook tool and manually pull it. Will try to loosen it up and get it working again.

Jim Gerock

Thanks Matthew! Will be enlisting your help when it finally comes time to re-install the windows.

I can move all (3) of the sliders. Closer examination is required. The stupid heater fan only turns if I use a hook tool and manually pull it. Will try to loosen it up and get it working again.

Sounds good! I may want to re-install my front window at the same time. It doesn't sit in far enough (kind of like yours was except more at the top).

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

Sounds good! I may want to re-install my front window at the same time. It doesn't sit in far enough (kind of like yours was except more at the top).

Regarding windows:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,359598/

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Jim...

you should start a blog in the project section so all the aspects you find, fix and restore on this car are in one place!

I just updated my older 2002ti blog today. Almost forgot about it..

Will add links to this and the other thread to keep them together.

Jim Gerock

Jim,

I checked my spare manuals- I have a 12/1970 owners book. It shows the 1600, 2002, 2002automatic, and 2002ti on the cover. Not perfect for your car, but more correct than what you have. Let me know if you want me to send it your way.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Fram oil filter -- bleah!

My '68 seats are mounted that way also -- and the sheet metal at the right front seat corner is badly cracked :-o

I didn't lift the ebrake boot yet.

Looks pretty nice otherwise!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Fram oil filter -- bleah!

My '68 seats are mounted that way also -- and the sheet metal at the right front seat corner is badly cracked :-o

I didn't lift the ebrake boot yet.

Looks pretty nice otherwise!

Cheers,

Ray

Me thinks your e-brake works better than mine.

Any better pics than these regarding what is holding the console in place?? Or does it just sit there?

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

Jim Gerock

Jim,

The screw on the console floor holds it in, that's all. And unless you remove the shift lever, you need to remove the tiny screws holding the front of the console to sides to slip it backwards.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Jim,

The screw on the console floor holds it in, that's all. And unless you remove the shift lever, you need to remove the tiny screws holding the front of the console to sides to slip it backwards.

Chris

Chris - the picture of the Chamonix car is actually Ray's 68 1600. The console in my car doesn't have a bottom piece. I guess that is what holds the console to the floor??

Jim

Jim Gerock

Jim,

Nevada is one of those colors that has really grown on me over time...Looks like your car has good bones. Can't wait to see your progress. If it comes out as good as your Tii I think she's in good hands!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...