• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First F Bomb roadtrip of the season...

wegweiser

Putting my 78yr old father in the passenger seat and heading to Monroe Twp New Jersey tomorrow to see family. Dad's an original 02 owner from 1972, so I think he'll dig the drive.

If you see a crusty blue tii stranded on I-76 (might take I-80...not sure) between Pittsburgh and Philly.....bring parts! If you see it pass you at 108 mph....smile and wave!

Bringing spare tii injector lines, an E28 fuel pump, a shoebox of wrenches, and my self-confidence. Nothing more.

post-2748-13667658905471_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Safe travels. You are better off taking 76. That will put you closer to Monroe Twp. BTW, that's my area.

I am leaving Paw Paw MI in about an hour, taking the PA turnpike. I might be able to crush you ( I mean, push you) with my Suburban if you break down, all the way to NJ :)

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Hah! That would then bring the count of 2002s in NJ to..... 3

A brown square tail 2002 was spotted in Tenafly NJ by my brother earlier this week. Maybe someone here???

There are at least 2 or 3 other 02 owners in NJ that I know of.

Anyway happy and safe travels Paul.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

A brown square tail 2002 was spotted in Tenafly NJ by my brother earlier this week. Maybe someone here???

If it was near montville/Parsippany that might have been me, I did take the 02 out to visit my GF up there recently

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

If it was near montville/Parsippany that might have been me, I did take the 02 out to visit my GF up there recently

Is she in Bergen county NJ? around Tenafly, creskill, Englewood area?

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Is she in Bergen county NJ? around Tenafly, creskill, Englewood area?

No a little further south than that, so if it was up that far then there must be another brown square rolling around !

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Hey Robert -

If you think of it, please shoot me your phone number via e mail:

zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com

Any time you're traveling across PA you're welcome here for a visit. Guest bed, shower, good breakfast joints downtown in scenic Zelienople PA. Our shop is about 12 minutes north of the intersection of I-79 and I-76 and a mile from my place.

Paul Wegweiser

Paul: Enjoy the '02 adventure with your dad. He's gotta be A-OK since he's an '02 guy from way back. Keep the F Bomb away from the dummies in meandering SUV's and minivans, OK?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Vince - I'll pass along the "Hello!". Art's still got the CSi and is living near me in Pittsburgh these days. He's toying with the idea of attending Oktoberfest just for the Concours / non-judged display class.

Jim....I know where you're coming from, and so very sorry for your recent loss.

We made the trip without drama or speeding tickets (I got the speeding ticket out of the way LAST weekend!) The F Bomb hummed along at 80-100mph the entire way without even a hiccup.

710 miles. 1/4 qt of oil consumed. No complaints. :)

Paul Wegweiser