• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member and new 2002!

Couldn't stand looking at the valve cover so i cleaned it up...

Before

bmwcover.jpg

After

bmwafter.jpg

LOL what happened to that thing? wow....

Those are e21 "alpina style" turbine wheels off a 1977-83 320i. Look to be in good shape.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,355694/start,0/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/sid,c3dbfed9f70c62f634a5f0f18dc6790e/

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the wheels are worth like 100-150. They're off a 320i like mentioned above. Nice to see another local guy. My car spends the summers in Issaquah, and the school year with me down at school in Corvallis. Hope to see ya at one of the next meets! Drop me a line if ya need some parts, I have a fair amount running around. Mostly stock.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I'd say the wheels are worth like 100-150. They're off a 320i like mentioned above. Nice to see another local guy. My car spends the summers in Issaquah, and the school year with me down at school in Corvallis. Hope to see ya at one of the next meets! Drop me a line if ya need some parts, I have a fair amount running around. Mostly stock.

Definitely let me know when you guys meet up!

So been working on wiring, got much of it sorted out. Only thing it appears that I dont have the correct hazzard switch. Looks like a newer one and it wont plug into my car. So if anyone has one let me know!

My car has a broken motor mount, lucky for me the car came with a complete sub frame,motor mount brace and poly bushings. Going to powder coat it and install it soon. Think while its apart i might re gasket my motor, any suggestions on gaskets or where to buy them?

Thanks!

sub.jpg

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

You will probably have to order parts like gaskets. Your local auto parts place can probably get whatever it is you need. My local Car Quest can. There are other options though. There are a couple of guys here on the board that sell OEM parts. I have used both, and have good experiences with each.

http://bmwmobiletradition-onlinecom.x-shops.com/store/

OR

E-mail steve@blunttech.com

www.bavauto.com is another good source for OEM parts.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Hey, reinforce that motor mount ear on the subframe. They break there.

That valve cover looks like it's from an early M10 to me. May be worth something to someone.

Here's yer wiring diagram:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2002-tii-1972-1973-COLOR-Wiring-Diagram-11x17-/320343024145?hash=item4a95eea211&item=320343024145&pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&vxp=mtr

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Got the new subframe welded up and painted, along with all the steering parts. Also painted the fender wells. Now I just need to install all the poly bushings and get new ball joints. Going to cut the struts and get it on some coil overs to...

b2-1.jpg

wheelwell.jpg

My littlest shop rat "helping" me by hiding all my tools when I'm not looking lol

b1-1.jpg

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

Sub frame finished with all Poly bushings,sway bar ends and steering coupler. Also ordered new ball joints from Blunt and some Rabbit struts, hopefully I can order the ground control coil over kit this week. Also decided to do the oil pan gasket while I was there...

s22.jpg

s11.jpg

s33.jpg

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

So I decided to cut 2in out of the strut tube and space up the shock. One thing I didn't like was how the shock didn't center with the stock gland nut. I took one of the centering spacers that came with the Rabbit KYB shocks and turned it down to fit in the stock strut. Now it stays centered...

Sorry for the bad pics and its just mocked up so it will sit down lower...

coil3.jpg

coil2.jpg

coil.jpg

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

Wiring diagrams for the 2002 sell on Ebay constantly. Here is a link to a current listing;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220365257379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter