• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member and new 2002!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so back on track here....My plan for the near future is to lower it on some coil overs, some 16in wheels and but a muffler on it since its missing in action lol

Now for what Im trying to figure right now is why I have no brake lights, turn signal or wipers. Ive done some searching but I'm slammed at my shop at the moment, anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

Start simple. Replace fuses, bulbs, clean grounds. Lots of info in the FAQ section and FAQ Article Construction Zone.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Well after reading about 20 threads on here,went through the grounds, bulbs look good. Took apart the t/s switch/arm and found it zip tied together and broken in about 4pieces. My guess is thats causing my trouble, was going to try and jump the switch to make sure its not just one problem of many. Anyone have a good source for a wiring diagram?

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

Welcome, seems like you should be just fine with an 2002. The car looks to be a good base. When you mention 16's, do you have a specific wheel in mind? Looks like you guys have a bit of fun with snowmobiles as well.

Small note, please fill in your email/contact (PM function does not work) info. Some people might like to pass on helpful information without resorting to a back and forth posting match.

Welcome, seems like you should be just fine with an 2002. The car looks to be a good base. When you mention 16's, do you have a specific wheel in mind? Looks like you guys have a bit of fun with snowmobiles as well.

Small note, please fill in your email/contact (PM function does not work) info. Some people might like to pass on helpful information without resorting to a back and forth posting match.

Ya we do a lot of sled work to. Try to keep the cars just for fun though! I changed my profile so i think I can be emailed/pm now.

Few more pics of the wiring, never fails everyone thinks there an electrician and they just start cutting stuff:(

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Willie

72 2002

xmrinc.com

Welcome to 2002 ownership! Let's simplify your wiring nightmare.

Remove all this sheeeeit.

IMG_1229.jpg

It's been disabled by a P.O. anyway in your car. Remove the clear + wire (it's a resistor wire) from the emission harness... the full length...and run it to the 12th fuse in your fuse box and the other end to the +end of the coil. Very easy to do and cleans up the engine bay a LOT.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

I run the one you pictured with the lack of the spade connector. Just pick one up at an auto parts store and get rid of that ghastly wrap-around wiring. It makes me wonder what else is wired with the "twist n' go" approach..

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles