• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything you can do for the yellowed washer bottle?

autobon7

I hand washed the grime off and left with the infamous yellow bottle. I don't want to buy a new one as this VDO still functions perfectly. Will google this for now.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

get some soft scrub with bleach and make a paste with the consistency of toothpaste by diluting it with water. coat it in that stuff and let it sit keeping it moist. Thats as good as youre going to get it

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Agree with both responses. I scrubbed mine with some cleansing powder that contained bleach I borrowed from work. I used a red Scotch-brite pad and tried not to scratch it when scrubbing.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I've been using Blunt's technique since I was a teenager on these cars. Back before they had "softscrub". I use Comet / Ajax scouring powder. A thin slurry and a toothbrush works pretty well.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

On a related note, any ideas for fixing a leaking bottle? I tried silicone, but it didn't stick properly. It seems like the best bet would be to seal it from the inside with some sort of varnish?

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

David-

You might try 2 part epoxy. Some of them even dry in a nearly clear form and would be less ugly when finished.

I wonder how careful use of a hot glue gun might work....if Martha Stewart had an 02...she'd use one.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

If you're brave, try heat. It's a thermoset plastic of some flavor...

a concentrator nozzle on a heat gun (like is used on bumper covers) might do it.

...when it goes up in flames, well... sorry...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

On a related note, any ideas for fixing a leaking bottle? I tried silicone, but it didn't stick properly. It seems like the best bet would be to seal it from the inside with some sort of varnish?

-Dave

How big is the hole/crack? If on the smaller side I'd clean off the grime and super glue it with something like Loctite 495 superbonder. We use it at work and it bonds like a big dog.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)