• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think about this statement?

MikeWooldridge

Just received the following in regards to the sale of my '71 on E-bay:

Dear indiandale,

The current bidder has no history, just signed up and started bidding on the car. This looks fishy. You should cancel the bids to gain respect for your auction.

- wildcat_az

My response was that I had talked on the phone with the 0 history person and that I felt like he was entitled to participate.

Any comments are welcomed.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

It's your auction. 0 history does not necessarily mean a deadbeat, if you are comfortable with the situation, let it play out. If not, wording of a required purchase/sale history required to bid should be added.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Possible Scenatio

Maybe he has an "ALERT" in Google, like I did, that brings up anything "BMW 2002" and emails that link to him. He liked the car, and SIGNED UP on Ebay to bid on it?

That's how I bought mine from Ebay.

Maybe Not.

IMHO

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

Actually I think busy body is giving good advice. You have $11,000 to spend on a 2002 and you just joined Ebay???Makes no sense. You may be dealing with a wannabe that will win the bid and close the account. After all there is no Ebay reputation to worry about. Get his bank to send you a line of credit. Simply on bank letterhead saying yes this person has enough money to purchase the item.If he or she wont do that they didnt really want the car. And always take green..Good luck

Actually I think busy body is giving good advice. You have $11,000 to spend on a 2002 and you just joined Ebay???Makes no sense. You may be dealing with a wannabe that will win the bid and close the account. After all there is no Ebay reputation to worry about. Get his bank to send you a line of credit. Simply on bank letterhead saying yes this person has enough money to purchase the item.If he or she wont do that they didnt really want the car. And always take green..Good luck

IF a flake won the auction with a worthless bid, the seller always has the option of sending the next highest or any other bidder a 2nd chance offer to buy the car at their high bid

Just received the following in regards to the sale of my '71 on E-bay:

Dear indiandale,

The current bidder has no history, just signed up and started bidding on the car. This looks fishy. You should cancel the bids to gain respect for your auction.

- wildcat_az

My response was that I had talked on the phone with the 0 history person and that I felt like he was entitled to participate.

Any comments are welcomed.

I thank wildcat_az for his humor.

But seriously, the issue here is that someone out there has the gall to threaten the respectability of your auction (and you, by proxy) by imposing their own rules on you. My response would involve a lot of tongue-biting and deleting "F YOU" messages before I sent them.

Ultimately, I would suggest that wildcat_az make a more respectable bid.

Side note: In my opinion, it's not weird for someone to sign up on eBay for the first time to buy a car. Would you feel better if they had successfully bought and paid for a few hundred Beany Babies? They guy is clearly interested in paying $11,000 for your car and agreed to eBay's policies before being allowed to bid.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

OR the busy body is implying that the OP has created a new eBay identity to schill bid the car in an upwards direction. The fact that this supposed schill is now the lead bidder means that this would be a pointless strategy.

Sounds like hard cheese to me. The guy has been outbid and doesn't like it

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/