• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to Speak with the Elder of the 02FAQ Site

justinevert

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

emoticons,...

Are these the softer more sensitive brethren of the decepticons?

Good one ConK!

To amplify an earlier sentiment, given the number of recent "OFF TOPIC" posts, Steve should eliminate ALL sub forums in favor of one: OFF TOPIC. This will ease the anxiety each poster faces when deciding how to categorize the subject of his or her post.

The "prefix" -idea sounds great. I was thinking something similar. The prefix should be defined by thread starter only. That way the mandatory selection doesn't bother too much.

From here we get to the question about what's simple. Simplicity of daily use is the most important.

To me simple means the minimum amount of mouse clicks to read all the new posts. Same for replying them. Forums that are fragmented into many sections require infinite amount of clicks just to see if there's anything new. That's the most annoying. Surely new posts can be indicated with a symbol but still you don't know if the new post is in a topic that you're interested.

Simple means also lack of flashing smileys, "movies" and large pictures in signatures, etc. These all slow down loading, create problems with compatibility, increase need of scrolling and make reading harder.

Youngsters of course see this as boredom so I guess there needs to be a midway.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

• Administrators
Steve K.

Thanks for the great site.

Can you make the sale ads available for subscription so we can get the sent to us when they are listed?

Thanks again.

Joel.

the new virsion will allow you to subscribe to a forum which will send you an email every time there is a post to the forum

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Love the prefix idea.

I noticed this as I was making this post: how about a reply button at the bottom of the page (I always hit new topic by accident)

AND IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A BUTTON THAT CONVERTS ALL-CAPS TEXT TO PROPER CAPITALIZATION. (SORT OF A JOKE, BUT ALSO TRUE)

1976 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

2002 Topaz Blue BMW M3 Convertible