• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Opel Manta Rallye

Speedwell

Thats sweet! A car that would be fun to own but have no where to put it...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I don't know. With a car like this I would expect more of a write up on the ebay ad. Damn! Great write up. It almost sounds like you still need to ask the original owner for permission to sell the car.

Stuff like this makes me glad/sad I already have projects filling my garage.

Best of luck with the sale. Hope it goes to an enthusiast that will drive it.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Very nice Opel I bet very few would actually know what are you driving if you buy one of these.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

when I had mine, people thought it was a Vega.

That would piss me off!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

other than serious rust problems that all Vegas shared, the Cosworth engined cars were both attractive and quick. And the last Vegas had an iron block engine--it was marketed as the "Iron Duke" engine, and was the old Chevy 2 four cylinder engine that went to Mexico for some years, was used in a Mexico-only Opel model, was converted to metric and came back to the US when GM realized the Vega engine was a dud. The Iron Duke engine was reliable and long-lived even if it was a pushrod vs the SOHC Vega engine--it put out about the same hp regardless--and didn't self destruct after 50 or 60k.

BTW, the problem that killed the Vega engine was very similar to the problems that BMW had with its Nicasil engine blocks 20 years later--you'd think BMW woulda learned from The General...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite