• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A word on URO door seals

4speeder

Jeff you may want to check out this post, people are having problems with the window seals.

Also a side note, can URO make the window seal insert in black? the one that is currently sold is chrome, a lot of members like the black from the turbo models.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/162417-please-don%E2%80%99t-repeat-my-mistake-uro-windshield-seals/

Jeff you may want to check out this post, people are having problems with the window seals.

Also a side note, can URO make the window seal insert in black? the one that is currently sold is chrome, a lot of members like the black from the turbo models.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/162417-please-don%E2%80%99t-repeat-my-mistake-uro-windshield-seals/

I would need much more information than is written in that thread.

Jeff

The factory black/turbo lock strip can be purchased for a bit over $9.00 from dealers offering internet sales - do you really need an aftermarket option?

Part Number 51311834550

Part Name INSERT EURO

MSRP $11.70

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the seal Jeff? Thanks.

Sorry it's been a little while, I got caught up on some other parts. I requested today my boss order me some samples of current seals BMW is selling so I can finish this project. I should have those parts soon (maybe a week or two *shrug*) to do an analysis and recommend a change. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you guys! (mostly because the parts are still on my office shelves)

Jeff, I will bring my car to you and let you replace all the seals for "test fitment."  After they are installed I swear im just going out to get some food and will return promptly :P

No, no, you have pay for my lunch then all I know is you had an errand to do and you were "coming back shortly." ;)

I bought some URO door seals about 6 months ago and have not installed them. Is there any way to tell if they are from a good batch?

You should not have any problems with your new seals as long as you take the time to properly align your window as per the instructions in this thread as given by forum member adawil2002 in a previous post within this thread.

Edited by URO_Jeff

• 6 months later...

Anyone installed Uro door seals recently? I have recently fitted a pair and the fit is average with the vent window adjusted outward. I did check my records and found that I did buy them in June 2014!

Just wondering if the new improved UroJeff seals have hit the market and whether there are any reviews?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I am noticing my new URO door seal on the driver side is failing miserably. I installed it mid summer and where the door meets the window the seal keeps bending backwards. At this point its completely destroyed, and is now peeling up the lower portion of the seal. I am really dissatisfied with the fitment of this seal...

Seal was purchased via amazon on Sep. 12th 2014

Daily '74 BMW 2002 w/ Dual 40's

Signature

Visit my Wheelwell to see what I've done to the car

• 1 year later...