• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a fake 2002ti?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if it was it had the Solex carbs taken off and Webers put on... Vin references to;

Mod 71 1973 Jan-73 Aug-73 2-587-308 2-593-704 6397

Thats for the 2002 in the USA, so most likely not.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Amazing what people do in the "spin" of trying to sell stuff. Pretty sure last time I checked that they weren't making "Ti's" in 1973.....kind of reminds of that AlpinA 3-Spoke steering (that is really a momo prototipo with a hoakey AlpinA engraving job) that is currently on Ebay...three people have bid on that so far over $500....good luck with that one.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Very nice car, but if they're listing it for sale, wouldn't they take the hour to, I don't know, wipe the freaking dirt off of it!? Man, I hate it when dealers do that..."hi, please pay what we want you to pay for is car and believe everything we say, but nevermind that we couldn't care less about its presentation..."

Okay, my rant is over...;-)

Fake!

Note the US dash, later gauges, no clock, long console, 12 fuse fusebox, no airbox mounts, later VIN tag...

I'm disgusted, they could have at least made a halfway decent effort for all the money they spent. Who knows what else wasn't done right? How well does it run with the Webers? Are there pics and documentation of the "restoration"? And they're asking how much?

I don't think this is Emily...and definitely worth a very careful looksee before anyone pays anything. High dollar spent is no indication of quality.

Happy New Year!

vince

Ms Em's mirrors were mounted further foward on the hood - can't access my photo bucket with this slow computer or I'd show yall

and Ms Em also wore a ti air cleaner - missing on this poser

I'll get you photos later today

.....out there Paul ? happy New Klasse Year

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

correct, it is not a factory "ti", but it is one of the nicest 02's out there. It sure looks like "Emily"to me. well worth the asking price with all the detail work and mods. see here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,365708/highlight,emily+weg/

from John's ad

"Emily originally built by Mr.Paul Wegweiser,owned by me for 2.5 years maintained by proffesionals and up graded.

Malaga faux Ti 1973 small bumper 02.

Sports Car Restoration complete resto of shell,thousands in new parts and metal.

Motor-built by Eric Kermin, a guru of builds,2.3 litres,twin weber 45s,headwork and big cam yet very streetable,very quick.

Minilite repops,Miller Norburg springs on Bilsteins,a solid rust free Malaga 90+ percenter.Unreal new parts and details in the build.So fresh.Constant attention to detail and volumes &volumes of documentation,reciepts and parts to back up the work.I hate to see her go but another dream car is calling.

For additional details please feel free to call me at 202-251-0368 or e-mail me at jgm at starpower dot net.This is a primo car you can drive and and enjoy daily.A period correct early seventies styled street racer,well known in the mid atlantic region.A car to be proud of,I am.Lives under a cover in a safe warm garage.I wish I could keep her too.

"

if only I had bought this one when I had the chance a couple years ago. i would be a richer man vs. the amount i have invested in the M2.

Pauls post from a few years ago.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,310960/highlight,emily+weg/

unfortunately looks to be missing some nice bits like the aplina airbox and the wide steel wheels.

2xM3