• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do I find these?

bluebmw

Where do I find the taillights with only red and clear plastic? They are on oz_tom's car for reference. Here's a link http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,309282/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,0/

It's the second picture down.

Thanks

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

maybe not the best idea ......

because all red may mask a turning indication

and someone may not notice and wack you a good one

The Yellow indicator gets your eye/mind process attention

that your about to turn

Many members here have reported their fair share

of rear end attacks on their cars.

All RED mght promote more unfriendly meetings

fallof2002formy1976a.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

+1 for c.d. Putting aesthetics aside I have always thought that the US spec front turn signal lenses are much visible than the European design.

Yeah, remember what happened to my '72!

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

I bought a set of these lenses from a supplier in Germany who had a listing on Ebay. I would not recommend them as the fit was so bad the lens would not completely seal against the grey rope gasket. Seeing as how I had just installed the LED taillights, I wasn't willing to take a chance on water leakage so I didn't use them. They did look pretty nice though. In regards to C.D.s concern, the turn signal portion of the lens was white not red. With an amber bulb they would look much the same as the amber lenses in operation. Ken, are the Mobile Tradition lenses you mentioned made by the OEM supplier or someone else?

I believe they can be found on ebay pretty cheap

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Mine are just an OEM lens with 'stained glass' paint sprayed over them. About $13 from your local.

They are still holding up well to the elements - car is parked outside 100% of the year and its been a LONG time since I did them.

All red SQUARE tail light lenses aren't 'euro spec' lol

Also - im yet to see a set from that ebay seller who does the clear/red lenses in this particular style that I did mine in. Why you'd pay his asking price as well is beyond me when all it costs is a couple of bucks for a can of stained glass paint! (and by the sounds of the above post, you'll have a better fit if you keep your OEM lens too!)

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I bought a set of these lenses from a supplier in Germany who had a listing on Ebay. I would not recommend them as the fit was so bad the lens would not completely seal against the grey rope gasket. Seeing as how I had just installed the LED taillights, I wasn't willing to take a chance on water leakage so I didn't use them. They did look pretty nice though. In regards to C.D.s concern, the turn signal portion of the lens was white not red. With an amber bulb they would look much the same as the amber lenses in operation. Ken, are the Mobile Tradition lenses you mentioned made by the OEM supplier or someone else?

we get these parts from bmwna(bmw of north america). i dont know if they are from the original manufacturer, a lot of the parts in mobile tradition are not. most of the original manufacturers of the original parts have long since "retired" their tooling, and some companies no longer exist. the mobile traditions division of bmwag has gone out and found new vendors to remake the parts.

Ken Inn

Ken, if you've sold any sets of these lenses, have you had any complaints on them? I'm wondering if they may be from the supplier I got mine from. The lenses I bought were made of clear plastic with the brake and taillight portions painted red as opposed to being different color plastic as on the originals? As I said the fit on mine was far from OEM quality such that the seal was very poor at best. If anyone is planning to buy a set from the Ebay supplier in Germany, just be aware they may not fit your bezels properly.