• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Turbo VIN 4291461 Located

jgerock

Pictures are of a stripped Chamonix turbo located here on the East Coast.

Car supposedly was from Iran, then sold to someone in Oregon. Car was rear ended and had the rear clip replaced (not so great job), then the current owner trucked it back east. Owner says he has all the parts in storage and will eventually fix the rear clip. When I asked, he told me he would take $14,000.00. Anyone here interested? Sorry - these are the only pics I have right now and I didn't see any other parts other than seen here. I didn't get a chance to check the engine block to see if it matched the body.

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I believe this is the same car that has a brown/blue rear clip graphed onto it, no?

If so;

It was on either Bring a Trailer or eBay perhaps about 4 years ago. Looked really rough then. $14K might be a lot for the VIN# but if EVERYTHING is there to rebuild it. IMHO it would be just for the sake of a fun challenging project.

Surely one will spend more than its worth right now to give the resto it deserves. Considering nice turbo's can be had for around $40K or less.

On a related T-bo location subject, anyone know about the status on any turbo's in Japan around the quake/tsunami area?

But what do I know

That's the car that was at Bobby Thrash's shop/junkyard near Road Atlanta a couple of years ago.

vince

If he owns "Strictly German", then he was the Ebay buyer in Nov '07.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

That's Bobby Thrash's Turbo at Strictly German in Braselton, near Road Atlanta. Car was in the PNW, they won the E-Bay Auction, drove out there and brought the car and a parts car back, whereupon Bobby pretty much disassembled the car. Does he have all the Turbo bit's that could be a bit tough to locate and does this make any economic sense ? 5 years ago maybe, but with all the complete, running Turbo's today that keep popping up and selling in the 30 and $40K range I'd be sceptical that it wouldn't be a huge money pit. Now a 2002 Turbo racecar, given the rough condition of this specimen, might be another story entirely.

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

Yes, the current owner is Bobby Thrash. No stinkin' secrets here. Didn't know Les had old pics of it.

The main part of the body looked to be in really good shape. If he does have EVERYTHING to put it back together, would it possibly be worth $ 14K? I'm just happy I found it.

BTW - he used to own a Polaris turbo but sold it. No mention of who bought it.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Wow - tough call.

As has been pointed out - the market for well sorted, running turbo's is 40 to 50 K. However, good grief! How would you know if all of the parts are there. And, if there's stuff that's missing or NLA, then what?

You may have to re-do the rear clip. Turbo gas tank? Who knows what shape the engine is in?

At 14 K, that leaves you 26K to spend and maybe break even?

Tough call....

Me - the weekend mechanic (when I'm lucky)? Pass.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Just an FYI, there are a couple 02 Turbos that I know of that have changed hands for well north of 60k. These were well restored, award winning Turbos with work performed by a well known Turbo builder/restorer.

Point is, if it's well done, someone will pay the price.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793