• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice black 75 02 on ebay

pink

I like it, although the door cards could have had more detail, as John said. Hadn't noticed the radiator cap, though.

The seller has rebuilt a couple of E21's that I have also liked. But then again, I am as far removed from being a purist as can be. I'm from the Andy Stuckey school of thought.

post-438-13667640624675_thumb.jpg

post-438-13667640625747_thumb.jpg

post-438-1366764062675_thumb.jpg

post-438-13667640627906_thumb.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lot's of bad detail the more I look at it. All that effort and they oversprayed the wiper motor and hood latch thingy. 2002 painted on the spoiler looks cheep and the wrong type face. Painted the acorn nuts on the valve cover and the tops of the strut fasteners. Makes it look like a rush job. Just sayin'.

Makes it look like a rush job. Just sayin'.

i was sayin also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I noticed the same things. Guy must really like black. As has been pointed out in previous threads, the darker the color the smaller the car looks, and then, when you remove the bumpers it looks to be about the same size as an original Mini.

Body paint job does look nice, as does the trunk and interior, except, as Harry noted, the door panels leave a little to be desired.

Bob Napier

Guest Anonymous

I find it amusing you old farts find a wrong in every single clean car on the market, but all your rusty piece of shits are apparently the end all 2002s. You found problems with that Fjord Blue Mint condition from Purto Rico a week before, You find wrongs with this gorgeous one, and you find wrongs with every clean ones. Bunch of old farts, burning up real nice in the ass because you ended up owning junk shit, and just because your tanked 401K doesn't allow you to own the clean ones, you get on dealers trying to make a small buck. It's very funny!

Ouch! I don't know if old farts are knocking it out of jealousy, but you gotta admit all this work and little details make a big difference. I mean 38K for this car? Another 10k and one could have a really nice Turbo. I'm sorry guys but that interior reminds me of an early Scirocco/Rabbit. 02's look much better with solid color interiors not fabric and vinyl or leather what ever it is IMO. I'll admit a lot of the car looks nicely done but some things were just not tastefully done and others done on the cheep. If your going to have a reserve of 38K do it right. Look at the front fenders above grill for instance. All REAL 02 owners know very well that those seam joints should have been lead or brass filled. 38K uh uh.

I find it amusing you old farts find a wrong in every single clean car on the market, but all your rusty piece of shits are apparently the end all 2002s. You found problems with that Fjord Blue Mint condition from Purto Rico a week before, You find wrongs with this gorgeous one, and you find wrongs with every clean ones. Bunch of old farts, burning up real nice in the ass because you ended up owning junk shit, and just because your tanked 401K doesn't allow you to own the clean ones, you get on dealers trying to make a small buck. It's very funny!

Ban? That puerto rico tii was not worth it's asking price. It was misrepresented and had a completely late model interior for one. Like someone already said, high stakes = high criticism.

No one is saying this car sucks, they are just pointing out where it could be better. Feel free to buy it, you don't have to listen to anyone on here. Did we somehow attack something you personally did by discussing a car for sale? Or are you the guy selling the m20 inka?

I find you more amusing.

:-)

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I like it but for that price would have wanted more detail in the resto(mod). I'm not a old fart, but wished that when people respray they would at least use tape or remove all the components so they don't end up the same color as the car. Even removing strut tower nuts is a small task but IMO makes a huge difference.

Didn't the same guys restore the flared Inka one too that was on Ebay awhile ago

It would also look nicer if it had the same stance as the rendering

Man, I'd like to pick up an '02 one day, but I obviously have a lot to learn. When I see cars that, to me, look to be in pretty solid condition but then see them picked apart by members here - it just makes me realize the value of doing your homework and really knowing these cars before you buy. I must say I'd be super hesitant to buy a car off of eBay. I want to find a good honest Bimmer guy selling a car he loved rather than somebody who flips cars for a living. And I want a reputable shop that knows '02's to do a PPI. Seems too risky any other way.

I also can't see paying $20,000+ for a driver.

2010 128i

untitled2

As mentioned there is a lot of short-cutting going on here.

A premium motor is definitely warranted for the price this thing is going for.

I'm surprised that they retained the Siamese Fighting Fish front turn signals, again, IMHO, it shows a lack of detail and understanding of current Mod trends.

Maybe most disturbing to me is there are no progress pics of the 'restoration' - don't get to see what's under that shiny new paint. How many pounds of Bondo lurk under there?

Cheers!

P.S. To the Punk *ss who makes the disparaging Old Fart remarks: I'm gonna think of you everytime I cash my Social Security checks for the next 25 years, because you're the one who's gonna be funding it!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

For that price you would think he would put real BBS RS wheels on it, not fake $500 EBAY wheels

The 1st thing that popped into my head when I saw this car:

EAST BOUND AND DOWN! LOADED UP AND TRUCKIN'

post-17544-13667640754869_thumb.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

I'm all about the critiques, but it's up to $17k now. Meaning there is another market with a good amount of money willing to spend on something they think looks good. It's not so often you see creative liberties making a return on investment in restorations. Especially without a motor swap, engine rebuild or expensive individual parts which hold their own value.

If this was the same car with all the mentioned details worked out, I doubt the person trying to buy this would notice or pay more. Meaning it would take down the same amount either way considering this market's wants.

This group reminds me of my Klipsch audio group. Extremely high standards on quality and performance ..but much more practical in how that performance is applied (not so fond of flashy and expensive just for being expensive sake), not cheap but very much interested in the DIY and smart spending, typically older crowd with a new generation coming in which often shares the same level of appreciation for the product AND community around it.

both groups are full of decent and honest folk that generally get along and support each other. Not entirely on-topic to the post, but struck me as interesting in the context of this discussion.