• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bag-O-Snakes ?

pkbinplano

Dual exhaust anyone?! Ive thought about doing that just for shits and giggles, would be cool!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Guest Anonymous

affectionately known as the tri-y header - much better low-mid range torque as compared to the more typical 4 ->1. ALPINA made one like this (this one may be one?), ANSA also made a knock off like this and Schrick made one as well. Below is a link to a post I did on the Schrick M10 headers.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/2010/03/schrick-bmw-m10-headers.html

affectionately known as the tri-y header - much better low-mid range torque as compared to the more typical 4 ->1. ALPINA made one like this (this one may be one?), ANSA also made a knock off like this and Schrick made one as well. Below is a link to a post I did on the Schrick M10 headers.

Those are NOT tri-y headers.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Guest Anonymous

Which, all, none, some - I want to recall that image is identical to one I had seen from Bill Holmes, described as a "tri-y". I know I don't have the pic any longer. Perhaps you can enlighten. Tx

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Actually they are, they are missing the final collector. If you try and run thiese as a dual exhaust all tthe way out the back of the car you will be costing yourself a lot of power. (and it would sound horrible)

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Bundle-of-Snakes headers look cool under the hood at Show & Shines (maybe rallying too), but the Dyno at Miller & Norburn shows that power output started to level off above 7200. That's why they spent many hours with Jere Stahl developing a nice four into one header for racing.

mac.

Bundle-of-Snakes headers look cool under the hood at Show & Shines (maybe rallying too), but the Dyno at Miller & Norburn shows that power output started to level off above 7200. That's why they spent many hours with Jere Stahl developing a nice four into one header for racing.

mac.

Right, but this works better for the 99% of cars which don't ever hit 7000+. I have the 4 into 1 IE header, it's ceramic coated and purdy. I would have bought a tri-Y if I had an option, but I doubt I'd notice a 3 or 4 lb-ft of torque in my street car...so meh

I run a vintage Alpina 4:2:1 header, which some refer to as a "tri-y" header. The one pictured in that 1970 Alpina parts collection photo with the Schwarz 02 in the background. No 'bundle or bag of snakes' design to it though...

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com