• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now THAT is a Touring!

dp

dp.

.if you search a bit more, you will see some HOT sorted Tourings of all flavors....this is my fav:

a468_12.jpg

That touring is being treated to a thorough restoration. Lots of nasty stuff behind those pig cheeks. At least mine had everything in plain sight, so I knew what I was getting into...

Check it out here:

http://www.bmwccn.no/02classic/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=15&thread_id=1871&rowstart=0

Looking at the blog, isn't that the "alpina" touring that was on ebay a few years ago for way too much money (40k as I recall). The cat's in the bag or so it seems.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

Looking at the blog, isn't that the "alpina" touring that was on ebay a few years ago for way too much money (40k as I recall). The cat's in the bag or so it seems.

Looks like it might be. Also funny is this picture of the touring, where it has USA turn signals (which us Americans hate and take off ASAP):

AlpinaSponavikjo.jpg

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Looks like it might be. Also funny is this picture of the touring, where it has USA turn signals (which us Americans hate and take off ASAP):

AlpinaSponavikjo.jpg

Pretty sure that Touring is the one featured many years ago (still there now) in the "Gallery" on http://www.bimmers.com/02/

It started out as 1600 Touring (3304264).

The bubble front indicators are a different part # from the US ones and were, I believe, part of the Touring "sport paket".

It appeared on Ebay in Jan '08 at a Buy it Now of $48k.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Exacly! It IS that one. What a nightmare for whoever bought it. A shiny crust of filler with some motorsport colours painted on it. And let us not forget the added pig cheeks.

This was deliberate. Malpractice.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo.

Exacly! It IS that one. What a nightmare for whoever bought it. A shiny crust of filler with some motorsport colours painted on it. And let us not forget the added pig cheeks.

This was deliberate. Malpractice.

Who's got it now? Same guy or what?

I can order a beer in most languages, but reading Norwegian is not one of my stronger points.

Here's a couple of pics of mine when it looked decent.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 7 months later...
I just wish I could get some tires in that size.

John

A bit of a thread jack, but AIM tire should be able to get Avon ZZR's in 215/55/13, which is a decent size for a 13x8. That being said, I'm not sure what size is on that touring.

Sumitomo HTR200 in 215/50R13, $50 each on Tire Rack, perfect on a 13x8.

Toyo R888 215/45? R13...a bit more expensive, but very grippy, wouldn't last too long though.

Sumitomo HTR200 in 215/50R13, $50 each on Tire Rack, perfect on a 13x8.

Tire Rack discontinued the Sumitomo HTR200 some time ago. Two sizes left in stock and when they are gone.......

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

• 2 years later...