• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's up with all the spammers

esty

this forum is out of control...it seems several people who are obvious are unaware they can advertise multiple or all of their items in a single thread rather than starting 32 different threads and pushing everyone else off the 1st and 2nd pages...or...they realize what they're doing and just plain don't care about what anyone else thinks

also posting the same frikkin thread everyday is rude........i doubt you agree though mr. kpolito

i won't apologize to the authors of those threads but do so to everyone else

Someone notices it other than me! Thank goodness! Almost everyone here reads all the forsale posts that say parts anyways, put em together people.

Thanks for the rant esty!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

it would be great if the 'for sale' items could remain 'stickier' and the sold items get removed from the FAQ. there is probably a TON of wasted space/data due to all the items that have already been sold.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

it would be great if the 'for sale' items could remain 'stickier' and the sold items get removed from the FAQ. there is probably a TON of wasted space/data due to all the items that have already been sold.

Josh,

While i see where your coming from on space I have always liked the ability to look at sold items and get an idea of a fair price for an item (whether im buying or selling). And of course I would have to cast my vote in the direction of hating the over post. Maybe people don't like to list EVERY item in one thread but at least clump them in groups of four or five, you can still fit everything in the title.

Edit: What makes it even worse is when the prices these spammers (not naming any names) ask prices that make you think they are trying to support a crack habit.

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

I have been away for a while and the first thing I did was check out the for sale section.

I agree with the mutiple post thing and the prices have skyrocketed since I use to be on everyday checking them out.

I realise that if I don't like the prices move on but if this is what helping 02 brothers/sisters is all about I need to go buy a parts car that I can strip.

I STILL think a short title and a link to a free photo dump site with multiple CLEAR pictures & prices would be real nice.

I also search to get an idea on past prices... but often times i never know if the item actually sold at that price or not. That is why i usually list a few bucks lower... so it will sell!

People have asking prices all over the spectrum...But yes, usually searching old listings does give me a ballpark figure... (aside from the listings that are 5yrs old. The economy and times have chanced since then. The really old listings could probably be trimmed.)

It also may be a cause for the jacked up prices! people would probably ask a fair price vs something competitive.

Regardless, as a seller, it sucks to have your ads buried all the time. You can't help but be forced to compete and re-list. that is why a stickier option would be great provided the items are still for sale.

I'm an occasional abuser of re-listing and as odd as it may seem, items usually sell on the 2nd or 3rd listing when they don't sell the 1st time.

The BMW motorcycle guys have a pretty good classifieds section

http://marketplace.ibmwr.org/

The ads expire and you have the option to re-list after a month.

Seems reasonable to me.

Josh,

While i see where your coming from on space I have always liked the ability to look at sold items and get an idea of a fair price for an item (whether im buying or selling). And of course I would have to cast my vote in the direction of hating the over post. Maybe people don't like to list EVERY item in one thread but at least clump them in groups of four or five, you can still fit everything in the title.

Edit: What makes it even worse is when the prices these spammers (not naming any names) ask prices that make you think they are trying to support a crack habit.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido