• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bosch Transistor-Zundanlage

Jeff

Bosch Transistor-Zundanlage 0 227 100 902

I know the box is in pretty rough shape, but I came across this ignition kit when I found my oil cooler the other day. Ive only seen one of these kits before installed on a 2002 GT3 car in the early 80's

Someone should run the part numbers with Bosch and see if any are still around.

a>

[/img]IMG_8774.jpg>IMG_8772.jpg>IMG_8771.jpg{option}[/img]

fwiw, the module looks A LOT like the module found on Alfa's (GTV-6 and Milato to name two that i know of) of the 80's and some porsches (924 turbo to name one)...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Great piece, don't know that I have ever seen one installed either, although I have to imagine it would work pretty well on whatever motor you installed it on. Saw one that was NIB on Ebay.de about a year or so ago that sold for I want to say 400 Eur or so..I wish I had been able to keep so much of the stuff that I ended up flipping, less and less of it seems to come available any more.

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

wow...for sale ??

Sorry Pat, not at this time, I just didn't think anyone wanted to look at my broken door brake or window regulator collection.

naahh, i was just kidding...but id throw easy 400$ box for that if i ever find one on ebay ;)

interesting to see it uses the rev limiting rotor...maybe easier to mount the trigger wheel to it...it could have had been electronically rev limited...since it uses an electronic unit...duno...

either true hall effect switch or optical trigger, the slot in the trigger wheels gives the duty cycle to the box...interesting.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

One of our 2002 Turbo customer's has one of these Bosch electronic ignition kits installed. Let's see if I've got pictures.......

.....Ah there they are, enjoy! :)

DSCF3390.jpg

DSCF3389.jpg

• Like 1

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Guest Anonymous

available long ago. Even as far back as 1988 they were NLA and the critical parts such as the cap and rotor were no longer available either. You are basically installing the ignition system which was found on 1980-83 E21 320i models which is an excellent, reliable, high voltage ignition. Bob Murphy had one of these kits installed on his tii.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

• 10 years later...
4 hours ago, Augusto Rosell said:

Hello:

Could somebody help me wiht the wiring of this electronic ignition?

I´ve uninstall it for a retoration and now I´ve some kind of troubles because I´ve lost my diagram.

I´ll be very happy if somebody could show the wiring diagram.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Augusto I hope that this helps.

Album Archive - Bosch Ignition (google.com)

Bosch TCI  edit.jpg

Bosch TCI _0001 edit.jpg

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hhmmn    Very interesting,  I have an NOS ign box as well as a used one from a 928 Porsche, but it is an eightpin connector.  I wonder if I could make it work to do this     Bosch  part # 0 227 100 008          I have the right style rotor and pretty sure the ballast resistor too, the rest looks like just wiring   I don't have either of the pickups or wheel for the dist      I wonder if I could use the guts of a 320i dist?      Food for thought      another project

Thanks Rick

• Like 1