• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wide-Band.com Apsx-D1 Kit Group Buy

Hey all, I went with a local company (that I found on Amazon.. ?!) when I was shopping a Wide band controller and display during my motor build.  As an up an coming company, they didn't appear to be a large name in the game, but the kit and the company had some interesting characteristics.

1. Price. 

2. A bare display that could be put almost anywhere, as I had three gauges slated for my console already.

3. Parts are sold individually.

4. Email support has been stellar.

5. SERIAL output for data logging or even a MegaSquirt/EFI conversion later..

After installing a display into my rearview mirror housing, I bought a second display (20$) to plug into the unused pins on the diagnostic plug!  A simple switch will (eventually) let me choose to use the one under the hood for when I am tuning, and the one in the car for when I am using the butt dyno. 

I had fallen in love with the challenge of the mirror installation, and barely even looked at the possibilities of an install into the seat belt/EGR pod on the dash.  But tonight I gave the pod a closer look.  It's a shoe (horn) in.  And will mount nicely with a little handi-work! ..Which makes for a clean custom installation with the wire runs, and installation labor time, as compared to the rearview mirror idea.

So.  After communicating with the guys at Wide-Band.com, and especially after the discovery tonight, I think there may be interest enough for a group buy.  They have agreed on a price, if we have 5 or more participants.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to reap the benefits, but I like the kit enough to promote it.

http://wide-band.com/content/apsx-d1-wbo-controller-and-g1-led-display-full-kit

ASPX-D1 Kit @ 107.99 shipped to your door.  

I will get the details on payment, etc. tomorrow.  But for now, let's just start a list of interested parties, copy and paste style.. heck, maybe I am wrong about the idea!

cheers!

0BE1757E-393D-419D-AD6C-3A0DF19E7A66.jpg

638A46D2-F45D-4F90-9AC9-34C44A68FADC.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I'm in the market, but neither the included display or the accessory analog gage seem to have a rich/lean indicator that changes color, which I think would be helpful when evaluating your tune on the road.  I'm considering the Miller WAR chip for my M20, and it would be even nicer to have auto-tuning or datalogging, but I'm not quite ready to go to a standalone ECU.  Anything thoughts from those who have used one?

Depending on the time frame, I would definitely be interested (sadly, I had went the route of not installing a wideband due to its price, but a tip over $100 and its totally worth it!

1. GoFaSSter

2. Henrygabs

3. Lilcphoto

Daily '74 BMW 2002 w/ Dual 40's

Signature

Visit my Wheelwell to see what I've done to the car

neither the included display or the accessory analog gage seem to have a rich/lean indicator that changes color, which I think would be helpful when evaluating your tune on the road. 

the numbers tell you rich/lean.  no need for changing colors.  besides, the definition of rich and lean varies depending on the throttle, load and rpm.  12.5 is perfect at wot and high rpm, but is way too rich for idle or highway cruise.  15 is way too lean for fun driving but perfect for a long highway trip.  what color would show where?  easier to just glance at the digital readout or a needle on a gauge. 

my xd-16 afr gauge has big digital numbers in middle and a bunch of colored lights around the perimeter.  i never look at the lights, only the numbers.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3