• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my hood pad set in today

nbristow01

Ordered the hood pad set from Mr Werre here on FAQ. Looks awesome is all I can say. Huge bang for the buck. Also got the new brake MC installed this weekend with new reservoir etc. Installed new throttle linkage from the pedal up to the carb. Mine was really abused and bent up. Installed new IE machanical advance distributor, got valves adjusted, lots of final work before the trip to Mid America

post-17424-1366762431678_thumb.jpg

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Well i have felt a bit of a difference but I am not sure if that has equated to any better handling. Car feels a bit stiffer but overall seems to handle about the same. But it looks great and thats really the reason i added it

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Ordered the hood pad set from Mr Werre here on FAQ. Looks awesome is all I can say. Huge bang for the buck.

Can i ask why? Did it deaden the noise?

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Here is a story from experience regarding the pads deadening noise. The very first set I put on my car. Funny as this may sound. I didn't do as nice of job cutting as what I have been selling. I got smart and got a special cutting tool to ensure smooth lines in the cuts. And I also learned that when I installed mine, I used inferior spray glue which I had and thought what the heck. So...they started falling down a bit and didn't look as good as what I have been selling here. I took them down and getting ready to install the new set. I can really notice a sound difference, but more importantly, I can notice heat transfer difference. For the boot, it made it sound more solid when I closed the lid. I'm sure it will help for the car shows when I have a cooler back there. So I know biased opinion but thought I would share my own experience.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas