• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gustav is on the road - Just a little over 5 years

Wow...I can't believe it. It's been an unbelievable 5 years in the making. And I am proud to say it has grown some incredible friendships. This project would have not seen the light of day if it were not for my friends. First and foremost, thank you Gary. Without you, this project would have not been possible. Your pure love for the car shows in your craftsmanship and ingenuity. A special thanks to Mark, who has labored through the pains of helping me on the project. Also, thanks to Eric who is just a plain good guy. He is a huge help and man is he strong! My father who dives right in. But don't give him a power tool. :) I must also say thanks to those that have helped on the project throughout the years. Thank you Ryan, Jason, Brett, Brent, Les. Lastly, thank you Steve at Blunt Tech Industries, Dave at Aardvark, Peter at Coupe King, Jeff at Ireland, Mark at Parker Performance, Esty, Gordon Jones, Tim Hill, KC, Jon Foster, Stefan at GTS Classics, CJ, Steve and Rob for putting together a great website to bring the 02 community together, and the many others who contributed to Gustav being put together.

I present to you Gustav, a highly modified 1968 1600 in Tampico.

IMG00229-20100315-1214.jpg

There are a lot of minor things to accomplish before finally saying this project is complete, but is a project ever complete.

My next step is to work with a professional photographer and submit some pictures to magazines. I figure why not.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards,

Anthony

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Ive always liked this build.

I thought the choices were very unique...and also very period correct.

I dont often see a build that has so many choices I would 've chosen as well!

Congrats.........well done.

To anyone not familiar w/ this car......its worth a look!

VIN is 1563805. The mirrors just bolted to the factory driver site mount. I replaced the squirrel nut. Measured for the right placement on the passenger door. There is two distinct styles of mirrors though. One has a funky bolt attached for the life of me doesn't make sense to install. Wish I had a picture of that one. Mark might have it.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

I have seen two different styles for that mirror. The ones on Woody's car screw on from the outside. There is one hole that is obvious on the back side of the mount and then one under the arm at the front of the mount. You just need to pivot the arm to install the front screw. The other style has the same rear screw on the outside but the front connecting point is a threaded tap that you would need to run a bolt into from the inside of the door panel. I don’t have any pictures put could take some pictures of both mirrors this weekend if needed.

Mark