• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need tires. Tirerack/Discount tire which1?

Brandon73fjord

I gotta side with Tire Rack. Kinda like buying a Mazda over a Honda. Mazda supports amateur racing and so does Tire Rack. I have bought all my tires (tyres for Less) from them for years and have always been happy with their service.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

• Administrators

i have been buying all my tires at tire rack for the last few years. My local mounting shop charges me $10 per tire to mount the race tires (no balancing) and $25 a tire for street tires. With tire rack i always get the tires i want and do not have to rely on shop's availability. The price is also good since i have no sales tax and shipping is about $40 for a set of 4 tires. They also show up the next day from Reno to my house in Redwood City. And 6% of the price goes to FAQ maintenance :)

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Pardon the blunder Steve...forgetting to mention that Tire Rack is an FAQ supporter. I'm a "recommended installer" (my shop is) and I have nothing but good to say about their service. We've handled road hazard warranty issues through Tire Rack for folks with minimal inconvenience for everybody involved.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

I either go through TireRack (through the FAQ link and mention them again in the notes to make sure they get the message) or buy from a local shop that cuts a deal on the mount/balance when I order through them (for little to no markup surprisingly. Yay Big Brand)

The last few tires I've ordered, the locals were going to take longer, and be more expensive to buy from, so I went to TireRack. The shipping was about what tax would have been anyway.

I do have a great relationship with the tire guys now though. They know me by name and make sure not to scuff the wheels are put weights on the lips, etc. So I keep bringing/sending them business. Probably something to do with the 7 or 8 sets of tires I've had them mount/dismount in the last two years (ouch, sounds worse when I say it like that....)

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

Yep nothing but good things to say about tirerack. Also they have the cheapest price for bilsteins I could find. Just ordered my set of sports and yes I used the affiliation link.

Starting on an obsession

'73 2002 Chamonix Daily Driver

'74 2002 (Future Partout?)

'71 Datsun 521 pickup

Photobucket

I just recently got my new tires at Tire Kingdom here in Orlando, General altamax 195/60/14's all four mounted & balanced for $348. I think that was about $30 more than buying at tire rack with shipping/mounting/tire fee, & tax. I would rather have the good relationship with my local guy. They mounted one of the old tires as a spare on a matching rim I had at no charge too.

Also, if you have any proplems with Tire rack you have to go through them.

I know Tire Rack loves us but locals are good too so shop around. Just my two cents.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.