• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i hate san francisco crackheads

Guest Anonymous

poor crackheads live where there's free hand outs

quit being the home of every hippie liberal... and they'll move on.. I think there was a southpark episode about this...

You obviously don't live in an urban area such as San Francisco.

Bums (crackheads) live in San Francisco for a number of reasons, the very least of which are the "hand outs."

What you've said is highly offense to someone such as myself, who is a long time San Franciscan...

I would advise you to reconsider your position.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes thank you Colin.

I am a student here in S.F and there is probably no better place to study for my career. And I am also a poor student as well, so if there are free handouts I am missing out on, please, someone, let me know where they are. What I have risked and lost in SF I have gained a million times over in many other ways. This city is awesome. Oldguy, you live in Louisiana or Georgia or South Carolina or wherever it is, for an obvious reason. Please stay there and keep your 02 puuurrdy.

Anyway, as far as the original point of this post. . . thank you all for the options. I may swing by Berkeley for those parts.

I forgot to mention that my driver vent window was already wide open!

It may be safer to leave your doors unlocked with nothing in the car than to lock it and risk broken windows. but then again, can a crackhead hot wire a car?

1973 2002 Touring + Alpina A4  /  RHD 

seriously. laaame. who takes the time to break my windows, rip my dash apart to get the stereo out and then just leave it on the seat? ugghhh.

so. my question is, is it easier to replace the glass in the front corner pop-outs, or just replace the whole triangle frame as well?

does anyone know a source for either of these parts?

thanks in advance.

bummer. you have learned a few things though, yeah?

1. if you want music in your car, i suggest a detachable face stereo, and take it out every time you leave your car. they come with a case to keep the cover in.

2. don't leave anything in sight of a passerby looking to make A SINGLE BUCK. i left a crappy old CRT monitor in the back of my old Land Cruiser wagon that i was going to recycle. that was reason enough for someone to jam a screwdriver and break my lock cylinder to get in, then they took my factory repair manual and jumper cables which were hidden in a rubbermaid container.

3. find a garage space to rent for your car once you can fit it into your budget, or next time you move, make finding a place with a garage space a priority.

yah. The shitty part is that I always leave my car out near a friends house in the sunset area as it has been safe and damage free for months. I almost never get to drive it.

I live in the tenderloin and I would never leave it out here.

I left it at another friends house for one night near castro because i was helping him move some film school equipment. And that one night was all it took.

So i have learned one thing. helping people is almost never worth it. if it involves your car.

yah. The shitty part is that I always leave my car out near a friends house in the sunset area as it has been safe and damage free for months. I almost never get to drive it.

I live in the tenderloin and I would never leave it out here.

yeah, also, watch out for accelerated rust development out there in the sunset from the salty air that will permeate every nook and cranny of your 2002.

So i have learned one thing. helping people is almost never worth it. if it involves your car.

go back to the drawing board, young man. you haven't learned a thing!

yah i didnt even think about the foggy salty air. ugghh. its mostly temporary until i can afford and find a garage.

I was joking about the helping thing. . . don't worry, i don't actually believe that. I get at least a day or two of ridiculous excuses and grieving right? ;)

case closed: I found a replacement glass piece for $35 brand new in stock in Hayward.

Thanks again!

I'd try talking to Marshall at Double02 Salvage at 2034 American Ave in Hayward- 510-782-2002. I'm sure they'll have what you need at a reasonable price.

He yelled at me when HE sent me the wrong part. never calling them again

/Rant

sorry for hijack

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've always found them to be helpful when I've dealt with them face to face. It's a small business and I guess we all have bad days. . .

I'd try talking to Marshall at Double02 Salvage at 2034 American Ave in Hayward- 510-782-2002. I'm sure they'll have what you need at a reasonable price.

/Rant

sorry for hijack

76' Fjord- orig. owner
Hada 85' 318i - but now it's EFI is in my 02"  :wacko:

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've always found them to be helpful when I've dealt with them face to face. It's a small business and I guess we all have bad days. . .

/Rant

sorry for hijack

I can second that it is best to deal with them face to face. I always found them rather gruff on the phone, but very helpful if I went in person.

FWIW

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

poor crackheads live where there's free hand outs

quit being the home of every hippie liberal... and they'll move on.. I think there was a southpark episode about this...

Hey oldguy, it's difficult to talk to someone with their head in the sand. Especially in S.F.

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

• 2 weeks later...
yes thank you Colin.

I am a student here in S.F and there is probably no better place to study for my career. And I am also a poor student as well, so if there are free handouts I am missing out on, please, someone, let me know where they are. What I have risked and lost in SF I have gained a million times over in many other ways. This city is awesome. Oldguy, you live in Louisiana or Georgia or South Carolina or wherever it is, for an obvious reason. Please stay there and keep your 02 puuurrdy.

Anyway, as far as the original point of this post. . . thank you all for the options. I may swing by Berkeley for those parts.

I forgot to mention that my driver vent window was already wide open!

It may be safer to leave your doors unlocked with nothing in the car than to lock it and risk broken windows. but then again, can a crackhead hot wire a car?

If you are a student at a state owned university, you or your parents are paying only about one third of what students are paying at other universities. The rest is subsidized by taxpayers. About a $20,000 a year "free handout".

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.