• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comparison of Tii braking to non-Tii braking

Samplemaven

I have never driven a Tii, but bought a very nice wreck from Jonathon in DC that I am now disassembling, repairing, and restoring.

Up to now, I have a very limited experience with 2002's, but for about three months have been driving a non Tii and found the brakes to work fine..but not very quick or impressive.

Since I am restoring this 72 Tii, should I consider upgrading the brakes...i.e. Volvo, or will I find the Tii set up to be quite an improvement over the non-Tii set up?

I've read a bunch in the archives, but nothing really addressed this comparison.

Thanks in advance.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Guest Anonymous

Tii is fine, if you want more fade resistance you can add spacers to the Tii calipers and run vented 320 rotors . the volvo upgrade is popular because those calipers bolt to non Tii struts.

Ach! Sorry to threadjack but I loved that car. Please keep us up to date with some photo's.

Amen and to which I would also add leave it stock, please

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Ach! Sorry to threadjack but I loved that car. Please keep us up to date with some photo's.

In case you didn't see the starting point (the wrecked Tii) a picture appears below. Also shown is the parts car I will be pullling the nose off of...but will be using Jonathan's Tii for the most part. I will also pull the new suspension parts and bushings already installed on my first project car.

Thanks,

post-16885-13667614331738_thumb.jpg

post-16885-13667614333396_thumb.jpg

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

In case you didn't see the starting point (the wrecked Tii) a picture appears below. Also shown is the parts car I will be pullling the nose off of...but will be using Jonathan's Tii for the most part. I will also pull the new suspension parts and bushings already installed on my first project car.

Thanks,

Where are you located in North GA? I could roll up there and let you see how my '72 tii w/ stock brakes stopped to help you get a feel if you like. Email me with DA BUTTON ^^.

-Zac

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Thanks,

NICE. I wondered who got that car. VERY NICE, and WORTHY PROJECT.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Wow the old Patina(tii)is still getting play.Jim will do a great job and have a fine new car.

Tii brakes=just ok,good enough for me on my now 73 ti.dual weber 45s)

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.