• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still on the fence about going to SoCal show.....

tjones02

I am still on the fence about going South this year. It's been dead slow at work the past month, I've got this LeMons car to finish up that friends are counting on me to do (SteveK is on the team)..... I have no money for a room and barely enough for gas to get there and back.... My red 1600 has been my daily driver for nearly a year, needs a driveshaft and the clutch has been starting to slip..... But since it does 70+ miles a day anyway what's a few hundred more in a weekend??? I've got a spare used 228 clutch I can pack in the trunk, but since it's a 240 5spd I'd be up really short if the driveshaft lets go. :)

Anyone have floor space for my sleeping bag????

Still have to convince myself and the wife that I HAVE to go. :)

Help me decide.

Cheers,

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Business is slow (deadly for commission sales), lots of $$ going out on a major house project, had to replace the stove and microwave recently, and my PC's monitor just died (never rains but it pours).

No issues with either the '02 or my wife's 633CSi getting us to and from LA, but with all the other $$ that's been going out, the budget just won't stretch to cover it this year............

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

• Alpina

Tom,

Jan and I will be leaving san jose the day o the show and probably coming back on the same day, like we did last year! If you don't want to drive there we have plenty of room in our cars(68 02 and his 69 M2) if you want to tag along!

Email me at mojojoy at gmail dot com

regards

Daniel

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)