• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Down To Two Tires, Which Do You Recommend

After scoring my 15" BBS, it's now time to look for tires.

I planning to use 195/50/15 for the size since I have Lowerered Eibach springs (about 1.25" drop) with a 3 dot spring perch and trying out the strut spacers in the back.

I am looking at the BF Goodrich G-Force Sports or the Dunlop Dierrrza DZ101. I am planning to use the car when ever I can drive it (but not really a daily driver perse'). Won't be doing any autoX (if so I would get another set of wheel for that.)

I would like to get feedback on what you think of the two. I have heard that the Dunlop are not that great in the rain.

Any and all feedback is greatly needed and appreciated.

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

BFG Sport hands down

if you read the customer feedback at TIRE RACK

your'll see the Dunlop ist a Dunflop !

although I love my Dunflop Snow tyres

GO BFG Sport

bfg_g_force_sport_ci2_l.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I think the translation for Direzza = NOISE. I had the exact same tires on my E46, first the BFG's and then the Dunlops.....needless to say the BFG's rock (quiet till 40k but were worn out) and the Dunlops were good for about 10K miles, then all hell (noise) broke loose. Struggled with them until 30K was on them and went back to the BFG's.........you can't go wrong with them. J

In defense of the Dunlops.

I just bought a set of 195/55-15s for my E30 318is. They were comparable to the Yokohamas in performance/longevity and less expensive. I figured I could buy one additional tire for the money I saved.

Also, the Dunlop has a cleverly-placed ridge near the bead to help prevent "curbing."

My seat-of-the-pants rating for the Dunlops is higher than the Yokohamas on my 14" basketweaves. I flogged my E30 all day yesterday and with that much rubber on the road, there was was nothing but grip. Noisy? Windows open, Remus exhaust...what noise?

Wet traction ratings are for bench-racers and conspicuous consumers who (by other persons' evaluations) absolutely must have "the best."

The real test is how *you* can make them perform on *your* car.

"Back in the day," tires were merely round-and-black. It was a lot more fun, IMO. Driver skill held more influence in performance.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I know you're specifically asking about these two tires... not to complicate matters but i was just looking into tires too.... I'm assuming you were looking at tirerack... did you notice that both the General Exclaim and the Yoko s.drive come in with higher ratings? Not sure how those ratings are established... i take a lot of 'users' with a grain of salt since there are so many factors that create opinion... but these two tires are cheaper than the BFG's as well.

anyone try any of these?

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Well, I feel fairly qualified to address this, since I've had both, with the BFGs on several different cars from FWD import coupes to classic Mustangs.

The G-Force Sports are an incredible tire. Sticky (beyond the limits of what I've mounted them on), great steering response, excellent in the wet, very "communicative" when pushed, and above all, VERY affordable. I've seen more than one vintage Shelby running them on track events.

Their downside is weight, rough ride, and road noise. Very loud tire, even on cars of several different layouts and weights (see above).

That said, I've just picked up a set of the Direzzas a couple of months ago, and have been extremely impressed so far. Handling is superb (though with a bit more quick breakaway than I like at the limit, but that's being pushed quite hard), steering response is razor-like, (have not yet had them in wet, so can't comment there), and they've been VERY quiet - so I'm not sure what the comments about noise are, other than that may be something awaiting me in the future - and an extremely smooth-riding tire.

How's that to confuse you more???

'74 Sahara 2002, sunroof/4-spd. (Bought from original owner in 1990)

'66 Mustang Coupe

'70 Mustang Grabber 302

'66 Thunderbird 428 Town Hardtop

I know you're specifically asking about these two tires... not to complicate matters but i was just looking into tires too.... I'm assuming you were looking at tirerack... did you notice that both the General Exclaim and the Yoko s.drive come in with higher ratings? Not sure how those ratings are established... i take a lot of 'users' with a grain of salt since there are so many factors that create opinion... but these two tires are cheaper than the BFG's as well.

anyone try any of these?

i was struggling between the s drives and the dunlops and i just had a set of s drives mounted today because of what i read. the s drives were cheap too. havent driven on them yet but as soon as i get them fitted ill report back

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I've put about 1500 miles on my Yoko S drives and really like them. They handle well and are more quiet than the Falkens I had on my basketweaves. Seems to be some great prices on the S Drive lately too... no regrets with my choice.

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...